Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for regular good shop who worked with smarts before???
have some sounds in engine.... anyone???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, I am looking for a mechanic is South Florida (SFL) as well. I live in Fort Myers, and was going to the SMART dealership in Sarasota.. but it's gone, and was a drive anyway. Any recommendations for the Fort Myers area?

·
Registered
8 Posts
MJAMUS, I have been going to the Mercedes/Smart dealership in Naples (Airport Road) and they have been very courteous and excited when dealing with me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
There is still a smartcenter in Sarasota. It is on Clark Road, across the street from Wilde, where the original smartcenter was.

Jill

·
Clan Smart
1 Posts
Smart Car Maintenance

Willow Bend Automotive in Land O Lakes, FL (813) 949-1111 has serviced and maintained our 2008 Smart for Two Passion after the first scheduled maintenance was done at Mercedes.
Original battery replaced, 4 new tires, diverter valve, smog pump, and switch over valve replaced, all this past year. They have followed the book on maintenance with plug replacement, oil changes, filters etc. Mileage at 43,663 and cost to date $2545.00 for all the work and care they have put into this car. Forgot to mention they replaced the windshield washer pump.
Mercedes did all warranty work in May of 2008 which was pretty minor and we did not have to return for any more after that.
Couldn't be more pleased!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. I was wondering if anyone had a referral for shop in the Broward area that works on Smarts? I got a quote for 2 Kumho and brakes for just under $2400. I wasn't expecting it to be that much!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! I thought I responded earlier but I don't see the response now.

I called the mechanic that we use for the other car today and will bring my car to him on Tuesday. I just assumed it had to be a mechanic that works with Smart cars.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I been taking all my vehicles, out of warranty. To Christian Brothers Automotive. Their a family owned franchise across the country. Very knowledgeable of any brand. Excellent work. Friendly. Fair prices, compared to any MB dealership. Check their web site for a location near you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick little update:

Mike's Mechanic in Margate took a look at my car. We have used him for years and he has always been fair. He said my back brakes didn't need replacing. He gave me an acceptable quote for the front brakes. He also found the problem with my air conditioner (something I asked the Mercedes dealership about several times!). He is also checking on who can do the alignment. The dealership quoted me $190 and that is almost the same cost as the tires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts