Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a stock exhaust.....BUT....the flex tube is shot (I'll include a brand new one with the exhaust). The catch is that you have to have the old flex sawn off the manifold end and welded to the exhaust and the manifold end. The exhaust is in otherwise gread shape (from a 67K smart) and has little rust. It cracked during one ferocious cold spell last winter. $70 plus shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks wrumbarger... I saw that they had them but I think their asking price is quite high. I have seen some members on this forum sell there exhausts after upgrading to performance exhausts for much more reasonable prices. $300+ is just too high for me..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a stock exhaust.....BUT....the flex tube is shot (I'll include a brand new one with the exhaust). The catch is that you have to have the old flex sawn off the manifold end and welded to the exhaust and the manifold end. The exhaust is in otherwise gread shape (from a 67K smart) and has little rust. It cracked during one ferocious cold spell last winter. $70 plus shipping and it's yours.
Thanks Jackieowner.. The flex pipe is what broke on my exhaust as well. What did you replace your exhaust with? Aftermarket or OEM?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Went on ebay and found a replacement exhaust for $119. They usually cost more so I grabbed this one. Worked like a charm. I see one on ebay for about 200.00 currently.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've Got One!

I have a stock exhaust that had about 4k miles on it when I took it off. I can send it to you for $165+shipping. If you are interested, just let me know, and I'll get you back a shipping estimate ASAP!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where do you get a flex tube. I need to add one to my daughters old aftermarket exhaust that did not come with one and ended up breaking the flange off the Catalytic Converter..

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Where do you get a flex tube. I need to add one to my daughters old aftermarket exhaust that did not come with one and ended up breaking the flange off the Catalytic Converter..
Any decent muffler shop should stock a number of sizes. The range from around $10 to 25. I have several sizes I bought at swap meets that I keep around.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a brand new one, in box, 2013, you can have it for free, but have to pick it up or be close by the Inland Empire (Rancho Cucamonga) Not going to mess with shipping.
old burt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a brand new one, in box, 2013, you can have it for free, but have to pick it up or be close by the Inland Empire (Rancho Cucamonga) Not going to mess with shipping.
old burt
Thank you for your generous offer i just tried to send you a PM but i think your mailbox is full. I would love to take you up on your offer i have another member of the forum willing to pick it up from you and send it to me... You are the best! Send me a PM when you have the chance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts