Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m a new member and owner I just would like to know some do’sand Dont’s and what to put in my engine to make sure it’s clean and running well on 50k miles year 2009

·
Registered
561 Posts
I can't Express how much Lubing my Smarts Chassis Points has removed all harshness from the suspension. It now just rolls over cracks groves and bumps. After a full tank of gas and checking tire pressure, Lubing the chassis points should be the next thing done to a newly acquired Smart Car. Current owners of Smart cars should understand that any issue of ride harshness is fully fixable and to live with harshness is a choice rather than a necessity. SILICONE SPRAY LUBRICANT is the answer. I still drive to protect my baby's rims and low profile tires with and eagle eye out for potholes, depressed manhole covers, steel road construction plates, but its such a smooth tame ride now. Give your car and your self a break. LUBE YOUR CHASSIS TODAY.
Very enjoyable car.

·
17,363 Posts
Welcome to the site! Jwight's advice is the most crucial. Keep it maintained and it should provide you with many smiles for years to come.

There's only one major "don't" I can think of, and it's don't let your car sit for too long covered in mud or salt. Always get an underbody wash. Reason why is because salt will rot out your reluctor rings which will in turn cause traction control, stability control, and ABS to all fail.

Some people live in the rust belt and never wash their underbodies. Years down the road these people end up with cars that look pretty until you peek your head under the body.

I've done that chassis point lube thing a couple times. To date I've not noticed any changes but the front end "crashing" sound going away. Then again, my car's used and often put away wet so maybe it's beyond being fixed by lube. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts