Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t bother buying it from Carmax they had exactly what you’re describing fully loaded they gave me all the information I was paying cash I waited for two weeks for Saturday came that I was supposed to get it and they said a computer error was made and they sold it to somebody else they’re liars because I’m sure they sold it to a friend of one of the employees or something like that

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Don’t bother buying it from Carmax they had exactly what you’re describing fully loaded they gave me all the information I was paying cash ........ sure they sold it to a friend of one of the employees or something like that
Remember paying cash for cars from dealerships does not carry the weight it did 50 years ago.
Dealers profit from financing. To repeat They make a lot of money from financing.
NEVER say your paying cash.
Take their financing.
Make sure it doesn't have a prepayment penalty.
Pay it off on the second payment.
I realize things are different at Carmax with their fixed price structure. So all they did was sell the smart to somebody who's willing to finance it. Thus making carmax more money.
Done believe me.

How to Buy a New or Used Car and Get the Best Deal Every Time - RealCarTips.com › 105-p...
Why You Should Never Tell a Dealer You're Paying Cash
NEVER tell them you're paying cash!
If they keep hounding you, tell them you're interested in financing but that you want to agree on the price of the car first. If you tell them you're paying cash, they will automatically calculate a lower profit and thus will be less likely to negotiate a lower price for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to buy a clean 2017-2019 Smart Cabriolet (convertible). A neutral color and loaded with all available options would be my preference. Gasoline only, I have no interest in electric vehicles. Quick cash transaction, I do not need to obtain financing. Thank you in advance. Send pictures and asking price to: [email protected]
If your still looking I'm thinking I'll be putting my gas 2017 Prime Cab up for sale. It is Titanium Grey with back frame, top, and interior. Loaded except for nav and paddles on steering wheel. I've owned 3 smarts and the 453 is by far the best. Thinking price will be around $12,500 if I don't have to stick new tires on it. Overall condition is cherry. For you others I'll post a full add in a new post if this guy doesn't hit me back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am still looking to buy a clean 2017-2019 Smart Cabriolet (convertible). A neutral color and loaded with all available options would be my preference. Gasoline only, I have no interest in electric vehicles. Quick cash transaction, I do not need to obtain financing. Thank you in advance. Send pictures and asking price to: [email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If your still looking I'm thinking I'll be putting my gas 2017 Prime Cab up for sale. It is Titanium Grey with back frame, top, and interior. Loaded except for nav and paddles on steering wheel. I've owned 3 smarts and the 453 is by far the best. Thinking price will be around $12,500 if I don't have to stick new tires on it. Overall condition is cherry. For you others I'll post a full add in a new post if this guy doesn't hit me back.
Just got this post. Could you send me some pictures please?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Could you please verify that 2018 GAS Smart Fortwo Coupes were/are being sold in the US? I have never seen one. I am looking for a loaded manual.
I've seen two of them. Both were inported and then "Americanized", not factory made.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm a day late. Looks like a purchase is already in progress, but this exactly what I'm looking for. If you find another, please let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The picture shows it as grey, but the listing indicates it's white. Exactly what I'm looking for. I sent the dealer a message, thank you very much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The picture shows it as grey, but the listing indicates it's white. Exactly what I'm looking for. I sent the dealer a message, thank you very much.
Yeah, that is just a stock photo in listing. They literally just posted ad. I wish you the best of luck!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks, I'll keep you posted. By the way, I love your photo. I had three (3) Sphynx cats, they are great pets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just to keep you updated, I called the dealer. They weren't ready to sell the car yet, they stated there were 40 cars taken in over the weekend so the detail shop is busy, they would let me know after the Smart had been detailed and "gone over". Also, they charge a $499 "dealer fee" (ridiculous) for processing paperwork and they want an additional $2,200 to ship the car to me from Arizona to Florida!!!!!!! I got a quote of $1,200 for shipping within 5 minutes of putting the transportation out for bid. Not sure, but this car may not work out, if you find anything else similar, please keep me in mind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks, I'll keep you posted. By the way, I love your photo. I had three (3) Sphynx cats, they are great pets.
You do?!?! I love them so much. I have 2 odd-eyed ones. Jan aids and Mooshka LaRue.

I will keep a lookout for that cabrio!!!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts