Smart Car of America Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
From 2003 to present, I have owned the 450, the 451, the roadster and now the 453 cabrio, and the 453 is the best of the lot. Plenty room in the cabin, smoother suspension, power steering.

While you are on the lookout for a cabrio, make sure you get 'the comfort pack', not sure of the specs in the USA, but in the UK you can get fixed seating and fixed steering wheel, with manual door mirror adjust. Or better still, you can get 'the comfort pack' version with adjustable seating and adjustable steering wheel, and a joystick on drivers door for electric door mirror adjust. Make sure you go for the comfort pack, which gives adjustment. It makes for a better driving position.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Unfortunately we didnt get the option of adjustable steering wheel in the U.S. We did get electric mirrors and the ability to raise or lower the driver’s seat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Stupid auto correct- my cat’s name is Janusz not Jan aids. Lol
We had three Sphynx's. PeeWee, Puggsly and Pinky. We loved them. Admittedly, they were very high maintenance. Since they passed, we have cut down to just one dog and one cat. Our dog is a Chiggy (Corgi/Chihuahua), she's a rescue and her name is Happy and our cat, who is also a rescue is a female Munchkin (super short rug hugger) named Squeeky. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
From 2003 to present, I have owned the 450, the 451, the roadster and now the 453 cabrio, and the 453 is the best of the lot. Plenty room in the cabin, smoother suspension, power steering.

While you are on the lookout for a cabrio, make sure you get 'the comfort pack', not sure of the specs in the USA, but in the UK you can get fixed seating and fixed steering wheel, with manual door mirror adjust. Or better still, you can get 'the comfort pack' version with adjustable seating and adjustable steering wheel, and a joystick on drivers door for electric door mirror adjust. Make sure you go for the comfort pack, which gives adjustment. It makes for a better driving position.

Those are all great options. I will continue the search, if you hear of anything, keep me in mind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We had three Sphynx's. PeeWee, Puggsly and Pinky. We loved them. Admittedly, they were very high maintenance. Since they passed, we have cut down to just one dog and one cat. Our dog is a Chiggy (Corgi/Chihuahua), she's a rescue and her name is Happy and our cat, who is also a rescue is a female Munchkin (super short rug hugger) named Squeeky. Thanks again for your help.
Those are great names!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hurry! Hurry! The cabrio available on Carvana again!!
I just went to Carvana. It shows that it is currently under contract (the white Smart Cabrio with the red accent). I tried to call them and there are no operators available. I sent them an email message and let them know I'm interested. Hopefully I hear something Monday, it said they were closed on Sundays. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your help, I really do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just went to Carvana. It shows that it is currently under contract (the white Smart Cabrio with the red accent). I tried to call them and there are no operators available. I sent them an email message and let them know I'm interested. Hopefully I hear something Monday, it said they were closed on Sundays. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your help, I really do.
It looks like there is a 2017 blue one available too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I'm on the one in Bellevue, WA. It is the furthest possible point from our house though, so shipping may kill that deal. I have requested actual pictures, so I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Carvana has white/red one available again tooooooo
I was on the phone with Carvana again today and they said it was pending financing which may take a few days. I did put a deposit down on one they have that is a Proxy, but there are no pictures available. Nobody seems top know anything about the color though, so I am waiting to hear. I just don't want yellow, blue, lime green etc. A nice neutral color is preferred.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts