Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2015 Smart Fortwo electric, which I'm thrilled with. A previous owner upgraded the stereo system to a touch-screen model that includes a backup camera (which the dealer who sold it to me disconnected because he suspected improper wiring). With the limited travel range, I don't expect to be driving it long distances, and I have little use for the fancy features available in newer radio systems. And with the small size, even parallel parking won't pose a challenge, so I don't need a backup camera, either.

My local Smart dealer won't work on after-market upgrades, so I'm wondering whether anyone knows where I might find for sale the brand and model of stereo that came with the car originally. I've done some searching but have come up mostly with results for people looking to upgrade this model, not downgrade.

Thanks in advance for any insights—
Gabe

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
You might find a OEM radio, on eBay. Have a car audio shop swap out the aftermarket, for the OEM. Sell the aftermarket on Craigslist, or eBay. To make up the Installation cost.

I hope they didn’t Butcher up the OEM wiring harness to the aftermarket radio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts