Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with my heating blower. There is obviously a loose connection somewhere because sometimes, when I hit a bump, it shuts off. Then, if I hit another bump (or just smack the dashboard) it comes back on.

Has anyone had this problem and can someone explain where to look for loose connections? I know the blower fan is under the dash near the air filter, but is there anything I should check up behind the controls on the dash? Anywhere else I should look?

Thanks y’all

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Having a problem with my heating blower. There is obviously a loose connection somewhere because sometimes, when I hit a bump, it shuts off. Then, if I hit another bump (or just smack the dashboard) it comes back on.

Has anyone had this problem and can someone explain where to look for loose connections? I know the blower fan is under the dash near the air filter, but is there anything I should check up behind the controls on the dash? Anywhere else I should look?

Thanks y’all
Here you go http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f183/heater-blower-motor-repair-26967/index11.html#post282102 :D

As usual, John beat me to it :)

(but... I did get you right to it :))

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - I actually found that post myself and did that process, but I was wondering if anyone found any problems at other points in the system - like where the wires connect to the controls in the dash?

I'd just like to know all the possible places to look for loose connections

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Thanks guys - I actually found that post myself and did that process, but I was wondering if anyone found any problems at other points in the system - like where the wires connect to the controls in the dash?

Members have had the speed slider become faulty...

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

You can check the wiring to the climate control unit; removal instructions are shown on Evilution's site: Evilution - Smart Car Encyclopaedia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts