Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the Lorinser wide body kit - well sorta. The kit was a pain the butt to install so if you go for the wide body definitely take it to a shop. The front fender flares weren't too bad to install but the rear ones were impossible. I ended up taking it to a shop where they charged me $400 to rip them off, reinstall them and repaint them. It still isn't done perfect but the rear fender flares weren't made properly by Lorinser... I emailed them last week and still haven't received a response. I will try notifying them again. The rear fender flares don't match up with the body contours when you look at it closely.

While it was at the shop I had the installer put on window tint... Got him down to $50 to do the side window and the rear window. To my knowledge he used 30% for the rear window and rear side windows (the small ones) and 35% for the side windows (the window that rolls down).

I will see what happens as far as the rear fenders but they are on at least. Just disappointed in the craftsman ship from Lorinser. I expected better from them.

Here are some pictures, enjoy!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sun -

You have done a great job my friend. I am truly jealous. I have to get me some of those rims :)

Looks SWEET!!!!!

Eric

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn cruise control... you never know where you'll end up. :D
How do you like the CC? Did you get the Alien 451?

Looks Awesome ! We are the few who modify to this extreme.
Thank you. I love your lambo doors :D

Sun -

You have done a great job my friend. I am truly jealous. I have to get me some of those rims :)

Looks SWEET!!!!!

Eric
Thank you :) Hows your audio system working out for you?

Any word back from Lorinser on the kit?

nevermind I saw that you already answered that.
"Selective reading"... LOL....... Unfortunately no response :( :(

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
very nice Diego....is it my old eyes or the picture, but it seems of a different shade of yellow.....the eyes right?...

jetfuel

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice Diego....is it my old eyes or the picture, but it seems of a different shade of yellow.....the eyes right?...

jetfuel
Probably the lighting. I took it right before sunset.

Sun -

I found this for you! I hope it helps!

Eric

Ken Uyeda - Director of Sales and Operations
Lorinser North America
323.302.9201 direct
323.417.1531 fax
[email protected]
Thank you, I should be emailing the head honcho himself! :)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Looks great. I especially love the rear lip on the rim.
Did you lower on Eibach's? Have you considered cutting a coil on the rear to even out the gap?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you lower on Eibach's? Have you considered cutting a coil on the rear to even out the gap?
No spring upgrades yet. The front are extremely low with about 1-1.5cm gap to the front bumper. I would only install rear springs since it's so high in the back. I've never cut coils before but that might be an option.

·
Registered
171 Posts
you cant cut the springs on a smart they are a conical shape, you can compress them though..

·
Registered
317 Posts
How do you like the CC? Did you get the Alien 451?
451... and my love for it has no bounds... usually people look for reasons to drive their smart.... I'm looking for road trips now. :D
Amen I feel the same way. I may make it my primary car tomorrow by selling the BMW. I really do love this car its so much fun to drive!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts