Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a nice chat with the General Sales Manager at Universal City today, Jan. 16, 2008. She said that they got their demo & showroom cars last night. The customer cars are to follow before the end of the month & she confirmed that our 2 cars are in that shipment.

She also said that there was no extra dealer markup or delivery/setup fees. Just a flat $55.00 documentation fee. smart usa charges a destination charge, but she says that smart center Universal City won't be adding a bunch more charges to the bill.

We are scheduled for an extended test drive next Thursday in a car optioned like ours ie: loaded with all options available. I can't wait!! We plan to leave one in Woodland Hills and take one to Tucson, both will be replacing E-class MB's for our around town driving.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Beverly Hills smart had a truck drop off five last night after they closed. When I was there around noon they were putting them through PDI and getting in contact with the lucky ones. More trucks expected later today and tomorrow. Biggest problem, no brackets for the rear license plates, and a right door lock on one that didn't open with the key fob.

Guys working on one on the rack with the computer.

Pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/spdickey/SmartCenterBeverlyHills/photo#s5156291274011147890

·
Registered
85 Posts
Westfield

Ah, you had a more productive conversation with Anna, the GM at Universal, glad to hear the info on the $$.........

As she could not find my name on her list, I was wondering when you reserved you car and when you did the configuration. Maybe I can get an idea of how close we were and make a gestimate of how much longer I will be.

Thanks much

Beth

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
More interior shot, please. :D Just kidding. What's with the smog index? The smart is supposed to be a PZEV car and it's index is higher than the "average" car? :confused:

Thanks for the photos.

John
Cars were locked, no keys. Next time they'll have one in the showroom that I can sit in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also spoke with Universal City. She keeps saying my car will arrive "later this month". She either doesn't know or doesn't want to be more specific about delivery. In the meantime, I have an appntmt later today for a test drive and to take a look around.

·
Banned
661 Posts
I also spoke with Universal City. She keeps saying my car will arrive "later this month". She either doesn't know or doesn't want to be more specific about delivery. In the meantime, I have an appntmt later today for a test drive and to take a look around.
that is the standard line. it appears that the dealers really have no clue when cars are to arrive until they pull up in front of the building.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts