1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve lost gears 1, 3 & 5 on my 2013 gas car

Any insight?

OBD2 pulls P0914 error code

Inherited it in a divorce and owe too much on it to sell. Really can’t afford MB/Smart service rates but will if I must.

Also, any experience with the service centers closest to me? A couple around Edison NJ and Devon PA but that really isn’t close. No one here wants to touch them for anything but oil change

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! But... I read that, JimVW57– like, seven times plus the wonderful step by step of doing it – but the problem is I didn’t see that any of the posts using that said it’s solved the problem. Don’t have a 2nd car and was hoping for something a little more definitive.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
That was how I fixed the problem on my car, at the time there wasn't a dealer in Minnesota so taking it to the dealer wasn't an option. I spent 2 days finding the problem, once I added the silicone grease, problem never came back. Put 165,000 miles on the car and had it 8 years with no further issues. I have passed this on to a number of others and to an owner who had his car at the dealership with that problem. worked on those.

Not saying this is the definitive fix for your car, just offering something to check on and hope it does the trick for you. Try disconnecting the battery for about an hour and see if it gets better. You nay have to re-teach the transmission, which only takes a few minutes.

The P0914 is a "Gear shift position circuit -malfunction" code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts