Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings guys.

I was looking for a project car and thought I would share.
On IAA, there are a number of Smart EDs for sale in San Diego. Looks to be the result of the aftermath of some sort of arrangement between Car2Go and a leasing company
They are listed as "stripped, so it would interesting to know if the batteries are still there or removed.
It also seems unlikely any sort of proper battery maintenance has been done, so even if those cars did have batteries, I can't imagine they are functional.
Some are listed for a "Buy it now of $1900.

I also got directly in touch with the leasing company and received the following email some months back:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have about 60 left but all in San Diego,

The ones with under 5000 miles are $6500 and the ones with no miles are $7500 delivered.
These were all part of a Ride Share company’s inventory from Mercedes that we handle all of their remarketing.
All are the same white with silver accent. Attached is a sample of the build slips.
The blue stripes and Car2Go package with software has been removed and this will come with a JVC international Bluetooth radio installed.

Let me know if you have interest."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They might be interesting for someone with the technical knowhow and space to take on.
Ron

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Can you giv a specific link to the EDs? I can't find them in the site. I dont see why the batterys would be removed. Assuming the batteries were not left completely drained for an extended time, then there is no reason to beleive that the batteries would be in poor condition. Obviously, don't buy anything sight-unseen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple were up for auction last week. Here is once that is listed as no longer available for bidding on IAA, but as a future bid on the website I use:
WMEEJ9AAXFK837769

You can even see a couple more in the background. In this description, it seems to directly say the battery is removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts