Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've owned my Green on black 2011 Smart Pure since December 2011, and I really love it. My comments so far:
Pro's: Excellent gas mileage, stable on the road, fantastic visibility at all angles, roomy inside for 1 driver and 1 passenger, and I get a lot of admiring stares from other folks on the road.
Con's: Not as comfortable as my old Audi A8L, but I didn't ask it to be. Not a fair comparison since the Audi is probably the most comfortable car on the road, but costs six times what the Smart costs.
The stereo sound quality sucks. I quickly rectified this by purchasing some Alpine 6.5" mids with component dome tweeters, and replaced the factory door speakers. Worlds of difference - I'm getting way better treble and somewhat better mid-bass, but I'm now looking at a subwoofer to improve the bottom end. I'm glad I didn't buy the factory stereo upgrade, because this would have made very little improvement.
In my neighbourhood there are perhaps 4 days of the year where the snowfall means you need AWD and snow tires to get anywhere. So for those days, I drive the Audi.
All in all, many households have two or more cars, and the Smart is the perfect second car. 90% of the time, I'm driving alone with no baggage. Like the other poster mentioned, it makes no sense to drive an extra ton of car around for the once every 5 years you need to ship plywood somewhere.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My wife and I feel the same way. We have all but parked our Pathfinder, because it is simply not needed except a few times a year. We can haul our dogs, groceries, and even large Costo purchases with ease. It just doesn't make sense to use a "regular" vehicle

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the board. The smart is such a useful car people often forget that they dont need the extra 1,000 pounds of steal around you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts