Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Smartcar Owners,

My Smartcar's battery went low when I went on extended vacation. I charged the battery up using an intelligent charger and it says the battery is good to go. The headlights are bright and fans,ect are all fully functional. However, I still have a battery icon plus three dashed lines across the main display. Is there some sort of reset that I need to perform after a battery goes flat.

Many Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello Fellow Smartcar Owners,

My Smartcar's battery went low when I went on extended vacation. I charged the battery up using an intelligent charger and it says the battery is good to go. The headlights are bright and fans,ect are all fully functional. However, I still have a battery icon plus three dashed lines across the main display. Is there some sort of reset that I need to perform after a battery goes flat.

Many Thanks In Advance.
Thanks Graphix1992?. I read the following instructions and it immediately started. I should have done more research before posting. I am going to re-post your instructions so they will be at the top of the list.

Thanks,

reset
1. Push down and hold in brake
2. turn key to on (#1 position)
3. shift from P-R-N-D then manual mode (+/-) then back to D-N-R-P
4. turn key off
5. start car

I could hear movement in the engine compartment (going through the gears) and it worked. The CSR said that if you shut down the car and it isn't in P completely, then upon restart it won't work... this somehow reprograms the car electronically.

Hope this helps anyone else...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts