Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 low mileage. Air is right in tires and warning stays on. I assume it is a faulty sensor but it doesn't show which wheel is low. Anyone know how to find the correct one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2016 low mileage. Air is right in tires and warning stays on. I assume it is a faulty sensor but it doesn't show which wheel is low. Anyone know how to find the correct one.
Checking the tires definitely requires a good tire gauge. The wheel sensors are pretty accurate. I have a 2016 with a very slow leak in the front right. After about two months, I'll get the warning. Once I pump in the correct pressure and drive the car, the warning will remain on for a few minutes, then go away.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If it's a 2016 you adjust the tires IAW the tire placard inside driver's door pillar. I believe it's the 3rd screen under change settings. It will ask if this is the correct pressure or some jazz like that. I did this procedure last month.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a leak in left front. Light came one. Fixed it. Light went out after some miles. Came on again. Same tire, fixed. Light not going out now. Air is correct by door pillar setting. 29 fronts and forget the rear but checked it just the order day and dead on.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Glenn, did you ask the shop to "read" each sensor individually? My tire guy used a handheld TPMS scanner on mine to find one dead sensor.

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
I'm not sure the TPMS works on the 453 the same as it does on my 451's. A bad sensor will cause the warning light to flash for a minute and then it will stay on steady. Mine is on constantly now and it's not worth $100 or whatever it costs to get it replaced. I know how to check tire pressures like I have for a hundred years. I was worried when it first kicked on, but I went to a NAPA and they scanned all four of my tires for free and found that my left front sensor was bad. And it will stay bad into the future as far as I'm concerned.

Len

Reactions: wahi

·
Registered
561 Posts
How do you get passed the low tire warning that takes over your speedo\odometer? It's really annoying unit the condition is corrected and not to mention dangerous driving on a tire with 11#.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure the TPMS works on the 453 the same as it does on my 451's. A bad sensor will cause the warning light to flash for a minute and then it will stay on steady. Mine is on constantly now and it's not worth $100 or whatever it costs to get it replaced. I know how to check tire pressures like I have for a hundred years. I was worried when it first kicked on, but I went to a NAPA and they scanned all four of my tires for free and found that my left front sensor was bad. And it will stay bad into the future as far as I'm concerned.

Len
Didn't know they could scan it. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts