Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one you guys prefer more: replacing all 4 lowering springs or front wheels to 175/55R15?

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,934 Posts
Best bang for your buck is 4 square - replace skinny fronts with rears.

Lowering springs fill the wheel well gap while improving the handling as a result of slightly lowering the CG.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lowering springs are amazing. You can take those corners much faster. I'm on crappy tires and still can't loose traction so I really don't see no point in more tire on the smart

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have been looking for what brands of lowering springs are good, either Eibach or Vogtland or H&R...

And I read some comments from this forum saying they are similar and depending on your preference to the brand.

looks like Vogtland springs is pretty good as they drop the car the most, 0.7/1.4"... what do you think?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have been looking for what brand of lowering springs are good, either Eibach or Vogtland or H&R...

And I read some comments from this forum saying they are similar and depending on your preference to the brand.

looks like Vogtland springs is pretty good as they drop the car the most, 0.7/1.4"... what do you think?
I'm on vogtland and love them. I feel like the car should've come from the factory like that. Makes the car so fun to drive fast around corners.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in the same predicament I am also looking at the springs. What is the best ones in your opinion?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm in the same predicament I am also looking at the springs. What is the best ones in your opinion?
I get the vogtland as the brand looks good. The springs drop the car the most comparing to other brands. I am going to install them soon

·
Registered
38 Posts
I get the vogtland as the brand looks good. The springs drop the car the most comparing to other brands. I am going to install them soon
Let us see it when you are done please. And give us some feedback on your experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let us see it when you are done please. And give us some feedback on your experience.
The springs are now installed... I’m ok happy with that and feel the improvement on cornering... I would be happier if I replace the coilovers as well. But at the end of the day, it is still good enough for the smart car because it’s not for racing 👍👍👍

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts