Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i want to lower the suspension of my smart... but not by actually getting it lowered, but rather putting some stuff in the back to lower it Lol

I put a 34 pound case of water bottles in the back and that worked great but it moves around and eventually they will be drunk. I want something more secure. I have a bag that has velcro straps so its secured but all i need now is something with a little bit of weight that i can put inside.

Sand bag maybe?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol weighs enough but not proper width and height

When i made this thread i actually thought of some stuff so i went to home depot and looked around and.... found the perfect thing. Its a piece of 16x16 flat stone, weighs 39 pounds. Costed $4.29. Fits perfectly in the bag and weighs the car down just enough. Rapped a few towels around it as well.

Reason i wanted to do this is because I personally dont weigh much so i think with this extra weight driving on the freeway and when its windy the car will be a little more stable. And the car looks cooler lowered lol.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think a set of rear lowering springs may be safer than dodging a 39 pound rock in the case of an accident. :)

Ehh didn't want to pay a lot to lower the car and i dont want to mess with anything since its a lease... but its in a bag zipped shut laying flat and the bag has velcro strips on it so its strapped to the trunk liner and i have the cargo cover on so now way its gonna go anywhere... i hope. :|

This is exactly what i got LOL i'll take a pic of it later just for the hell of it...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
39 pounds isn't going to matter one way or the other if windy conditions on the highway is the concern. :wink:

I can already feel the difference though. The car feels way more grounded now. Before when i drove at times it felt like i was driving a cloud through the sky.

Am satisfied so far with this little mod. More testing out tomorrow :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts