Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a solution to lower the driver's seat? I'm 6'4" and I fit well enough. I would just like to be an inch or two lower. Anyone else done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
What model year do you have? Check the seat bracket mounting points and see if it is possible, I know the seatback in the 451 can be "modified" to give more "leanback to it, but have not seen a lowered seat method yet, except spacers were in some early models under the rear bracket mounting point.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
The USA models of the 451 had a metal tab to keep from reclining the seats. This tab can be fairly easily 'adjusted' to allow reclining the seats. The pass seat will stick a bit as the seat belt loop does go against the side of the car, but a little pull and it returns to the upright position. The drivers seat doesn't have that problem. Be aware that driving with the seats reclined will not allow the seat belts to hold you if you are in an accident so do this at your own risk.

I did lower my seat back a bit as I am too over 6'5' and the bit of extra room does help.

To perform this adjustment, sit in the seat, pull the seat back release and hold it in the release position. Then with your feet formly planted, push back on the seat back to power it into the reclined position.You will find there are ratchet positions and it will work like a normal seat with various latch positions as you recline. Remember, you may have to help it back forward a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts