Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Now that some of you out there are getting our VIN numbers. I thought it would be nice to start seeing who has the lowest!

Mine ends in 085775

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm happy for you, sounds like you are getting your SMART soon if you haven't gotten it already. You are making a lot of us very jealous. Where are you and when were you contacted by your dealer.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm not sure what's better, a car that's been sitting around for a while, or a new baby with a high number.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have you folks received your cars that you know the VIN? or did you get some sort of communication from the dealer/distributor with the #?

Beth

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Here is the breakdown on your VIN: Wmeej31x48k094515

All vins will consist of 17 characters: Wmeej31x48k094515
the first 3 digits are the Manufacturer: WME (must be a code for smart)
4 thru 9 are type of vehicle: EJ31X4
8th digit is motor type if multiple options
9th digit is a check digit for verification
10th digit is vehicle year: 8 (2008)
11th digit is plant code: K (where your smart was made)
12 thru 17 are the vehicle descriptor section: 094515 ( this tells us the type of vehilce, model, body style, ect.)

When enough of you have shared your VIN (last 6 digits) I can determine which numbers are pures, passions, and cabrios. (You have to let me know what body style you ordered and give color in case this was a factor in numbering).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
WMEEJ31X48K087418

hmmm......
It looks like we will all have the same first 11 digits: WMEEJ31X48K
The next 6 digits are what I am working on at this point.

I see some 8's and 9's in place 13 and would bet this is the indicator for pure, passion or cabrio.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Usually CA has it's own VIN code somewhere in the Number. I got a Red/Black Passion Coupe WMEEJ31X78K085775 San Diego CA. I should have it in my hot little hands on Wednesday Jan 16th. We will see. I will post pics as soon as i receive it> :) Good Luck All
Dinomite!!! )'(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PING*spdickey*
How do you have a lower number than min??? Because you have a 48 instead of 78??? I have 085775 you have 094515 Whats lower? :) can wait to see your smart!! It's getting exciting!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Usually CA has it's own VIN code somewhere in the Number.
This would only hold true if there is something special about the car that is California Specific. It could indicated California Emissions, I am not aware of any other CA specific detail. We will watch and see if all California cars have on of these last digits that are the same in all California smarts.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts