Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker of mine purchased a brand new Corvette about 5 years ago. She installed Lo-Jack and parked it right in front of the building she worked in, and walked out the next day to find it gone. She immediately called the police and they worked with Lo-Jack to locate her car (it sends out a radio signal, which is more stable than satellite signals like XM radio, and can easily be located inside of thick-walled parking structures).Long story short, the police contacted her that day and said they had found her Corvette. The police told her they usually retrieve cars as soon as possible, but were informed that this could possibly be a luxury car theft ring - and were going to use her car to bring them to the hideout. Her car was on its way to the port of Los Angeles, and when the police arrived it was one of over 50 cars hidden in shipping containers - sharing the warehouse with Lambos, Jaguars, and other expensive vehicles!I am getting Lo-Jack installed tomorrow on my Smart, I missed them this morning.

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts