Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Smart Car brochure they show a luggage cargo net that goes from floor to ceiling seperating trunk from seats. Where can I get one as need to keep my dog in the back seat

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Probably at your smart Dealership. For the 451, the parts numbers are #A4518600174 for the coupé, A4518600274 for the cabrio; the anchoring to the ceiling is different in the cabrio... Hope this helps a bit. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
If you have a smart dealer nearby they are your best bet. If not, you can find them occasionally on eBay, and some of the online vendors carry them as well. :)

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
I added one to my Pure and it does look great! however, it does appear to cut down on the amount of room in the back. It probably doesn't but it looks like it does. Got it off Ebay.It is the official smart version with all the logo's on it.

Sorry, didn't notice you were talking about a 450. My pure is a 451.

·
Registered
946 Posts
One minor problem with both the floor to ceiling cargo net and the rear area cargo cover is that when you perform the seat angle modification, you cannot recline the seat and still use the net/cover. The tolerances as far as reclining the seat is concerned are very tight, with the bar portion of the covers being located immediately behind the passenger seat back.

You can still use the cover and net. But, you are stuck with either moving the passenger seat forward a significant amount, or settling for the 'bolt-upright' seat back position. This is one area where I would have gladly tolerated a couple more inches of vehicle length in return for a more realistic seating position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts