Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a Mid-Atlantic Smart Club? :confused: It could include Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Connecticut. Since there does not seem to be a lot of Smart owners in any one area, perhaps a club that has an expandeded area? What is your opinion. Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I always thought mid-atlantic was Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. Wikipedia. "Noun1.Mid-Atlantic states - a region of the eastern United States comprising New York and New Jersey and Pennsylvania and Delaware and Maryland" :cool:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Go for it!

Give it a shot, but speaking from experience, you're trying to cover a pretty large area. The Indiana club has logistics trouble trying to get folks together. Make sure when you plan events, you vary the location. People in the outer areas tend to feel left out.

I've received requests for events in the southern part of our state, but cannot get many people involved to set something up. If you can get active members over a wide range of areas to host events, you'll be fine.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to get Smart owners in NJ to meet and greet but have had little success. I have some say they would come to an event it is included the surrounding states. I have a group at Yahoo for announcements for NJ and area but it has few members; Gaarden State Smarts. I am hoping a more inclusive 'club' would appeal to more people. I will keep the GSS (even if I seem to be the only member) but also create M.A.S.C. if there is more interest in it.

NJ is one of the smaller states. :) Perhaps with more Smarts being sold in NJ and the surrounding area, there will be more people to come to events.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You have a good idea and I think it will work. So many twisty backroads in those states for informal rallies. Maybe a trip to Lime Rock Park in Ct is in MASC's future? Or howbout the twisty roads up around Shawnee, Pa or High Point, NJ. And now with summer about to start? Wish i was up North right now.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lime Rock Park?

You have a good idea and I think it will work. So many twisty backroads in those states for informal rallies. Maybe a trip to Lime Rock Park in Ct is in MASC's future? Or howbout the twisty roads up around Shawnee, Pa or High Point, NJ. And now with summer about to start? Wish i was up North right now.
A meet and greet at Lime Rock Park in CT sounds like a great idea. Perhaps a good idea for any CT Smart groups? :confused: I will post it as a separate post and at my Smart car groups at Yahoo. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts