Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
has anyone installed the autoflash? does it improve a lot? will it affect the smog check?

i am planning to buy one but need to make sure it is worth first...

Thanks and have a nice day!
Hi, I am interested too!!

Did you install it ?

·
Vendor
3,630 Posts
Hi, I am interested too!!

Did you install it ?
Hello Mario,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The AutoFlash is one of easiest to install products.

When you get the AutoFlash you will plug it into the OBDII port with the vehicle off.
Once it is plugged in turn on the ignition and allow the AutoFlash to upload the new maps to the TCU.
This can take 2-5 minutes.
When the module is done uploading there should be an audible beep to let you know it is done.
Then turn the ignition off, unplug the AutoFlash and put it away for safe keeping.
And that is all.

As always if you need some technical help please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at 512-982-9393 or 562-981-6800.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok and the GoPedal ? (level of installation)
Hello Mario,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The AutoFlash is one of easiest to install products.

When you get the AutoFlash you will plug it into the OBDII port with the vehicle off.
Once it is plugged in turn on the ignition and allow the AutoFlash to upload the new maps to the TCU.
This can take 2-5 minutes.
When the module is done uploading there should be an audible beep to let you know it is done.
Then turn the ignition off, unplug the AutoFlash and put it away for safe keeping.
And that is all.

As always if you need some technical help please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at 512-982-9393 or 562-981-6800.

Thank you again.
Ok and if I need to return to my original map?
And also the installation level of the GoPedal please.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,697 Posts
Ok and the GoPedal ? (level of installation)

Ok and if I need to return to my original map?
And also the installation level of the GoPedal please.
The GoPedal is very easy to install. The plug behind the fuel pedal is un-snapped and the plug from the GoPedal is inserted between the two original connections. I spent way more time running the cables to be as invisible as possible under the carpet. Here is mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The GoPedal is very easy to install. The plug behind the fuel pedal is un-snapped and the plug from the GoPedal is inserted between the two original connections. I spent way more time running the cables to be as invisible as possible under the carpet. Here is mine. View attachment 66223
Thank you bro, where do u put the controller ?

Also u have autoflash?

·
3,697 Posts
Thank you bro, where do u put the controller ?

Also u have autoflash?
I do not have autoflash. The GoPedal controller in on the console under the 12v plug. It is held on with Velcro double sided tape. The only cable visible is a little over an inch from the controller to behind the floor console/cup holder.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do not have autoflash. The GoPedal controller in on the console under the 12v plug. It is held on with Velcro double sided tape. The only cable visible is a little over an inch from the controller to behind the floor console/cup holder.
Oh yes I didn't see it hehe, the velcro is in the box?

·
3,697 Posts
Oh yes I didn't see it hehe, the velcro is in the box?
When I bought my GoPedal several years ago, they did not include Velcro. They may now. I used some Velcro heavy duty that I had here in my shop. It is supposed to support about 50 pounds. The controller only weighs a few ounces, so it is not likely to fall off. Good luck and I think you will like the GoPedal.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts