Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying all day to get the "Magic Yellow Lever" to work. I have pulled straight up, pulled back, pulled forward. Nothing works. I have pulled and tried to pull shift lever out of park at same time, tried with foot on brake, foot off brake. Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work? Smart 2008 Passion. Won't start, won't retrain transmission. New battery, new batteries in key fob. Try to start, I get the bars (yes I know what that means) and then after multitudes of clicks, I get the key icon. Arrrgh.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Not meaning to be funny here, but are you sure you put the batt in the key in the right way?

Does it lock/unlock the doors?

The first time I changed out my key batt I "flipped" it, and was going nuts cause nothing worked?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Also... Trans must not be loaded when trying to flip yellow lever, IE, car not on grade putting weight on lock pin.

If you are stuck thus, you may need to hand push car back and fourth to unlock pin. (same procedure we used to use to unlock stuck starters in our old Fords, (back in the day) LOL A2Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts