Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New member here - haven't even taken delivery of my car yet. I was looking over the "Introduction into service" manual for these cars, and I found a few interesting items. Figured I'd post here instead of bugging my sales rep about everything (even though she's on here too).

Brake Booster Vacuum Pump
The brake booster pump "must be replaced after 300 operating hours." It sounds like there's NO check engine light for this - it has to be checked manually with the dealer's DAS scan tool (via OBDII port?). Has anyone had their pump replaced? Is it covered under warranty, or is it a maintenance item like tires/brakes? How much driving does it take to put 300 operating hours on the pump?

Desiccant cartridge
The desiccant cartridge is also supposed to be checked at every service (using a different drive diagnosis scan tool at the EVCM, behind the right seat). Anyone have theirs replaced yet? I suppose the frequency of this would vary based on local climate..

12v battery
The manual also says that you must perform a HV system power disconnect before replacing the 12v system. Really?...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi guys,

New member here - haven't even taken delivery of my car yet. I was looking over the "Introduction into service" manual for these cars, and I found a few interesting items. Figured I'd post here instead of bugging my sales rep about everything (even though she's on here too).

Brake Booster Vacuum Pump
The brake booster pump "must be replaced after 300 operating hours." It sounds like there's NO check engine light for this - it has to be checked manually with the dealer's DAS scan tool (via OBDII port?). Has anyone had their pump replaced? Is it covered under warranty, or is it a maintenance item like tires/brakes? How much driving does it take to put 300 operating hours on the pump?

Desiccant cartridge
The desiccant cartridge is also supposed to be checked at every service (using a different drive diagnosis scan tool at the EVCM, behind the right seat). Anyone have theirs replaced yet? I suppose the frequency of this would vary based on local climate..

12v battery
The manual also says that you must perform a HV system power disconnect before replacing the 12v system. Really?...
First I've heard of that.

No idea what that is.

Sounds like this might relate to the ED, as most hybrids/electrics still have a 12v battery to support normal electronics in the car; i.e., the high-voltage (HV) battery is only for propulsion and operation of the heating and A/C systems.

·
Registered
800 Posts
First I've heard of that.

No idea what that is.

Sounds like this might relate to the ED, as most hybrids/electrics still have a 12v battery to support normal electronics in the car; i.e., the high-voltage (HV) battery is only for propulsion and operation of the heating and A/C systems.
well, since it is in the EV section. Just saying

Welcome Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts