Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all.

This morning my eyeliner (that I had carelessly placed on the dash because I was in a hurry) slipped between the windshield and the dash. When I parked, I attempted to retrieve it with a pencil, but could not feel or see it. So....where do things go once they slip through there? Are they gone forever? If I open the front hood, could I retrieve it from there? I'm sorry, I know this is an odd problem, but it is my favorite liner and it wasn't cheap (lol). Googling awarded me no love on the issue, so I thought I would try here.

(Smart ForTwo 2010 Passion)

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,890 Posts
Don't mean to laugh at you Jenn, but your post did made me smile. This has never happened to me, but my wife said she understands your dismay.

I wonder if there is a way that you could access your liner if you opened and removed the cabin air filter? I'm not sure if the defrost vent is a clear shot to the filter? I don't think trying to get it through the hood area would be successful.

Good luck.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 16,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 7,500 miles

·
Super Moderator
17,738 Posts
I haven't yet lost any of my beauty products in my smart, however I have lost a few Chicago parking meter slips in the same area you lost your eyeliner. They slid further into the gap to where you couldn't see them. I fished them out using a nail file with sticker residue on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts