Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it's going to happen, but...

WHat I'd really like to see is an aftermarket map light/dome light combination. It would clip into the hole for the stock front dome light, would contain two "push the lens to turn on/off" map lights focussed into the appropriate locations on either side. These would be complemented by a third light that would operate like the current dome light (switchable to "On" "Off" and "Door" settings).

That's what I'd like to see. The map lights in our Toyotas (van, Sienna, Previa and Scion xB all worked along these lines, and we've gotten spoiled as a result.

There there's the whole problem with the missing (from the 451) rear dome light...

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
I've had the Sylvania "Dot" strip as the "trunk light" for the last 8 months or so. Double sided trim tape and some adhesion promotor on the smart's side and it's held perfectly. If I ever need to change the batteries I just slide the top section to the side and it comes off and gives access to the batteries. Not as elegant as the LED installs, but simple, effective, fast and inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts