Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is it located? I got a "P0106/Manifold absolute pressure sensor" error code. Can't find any info about it on the 451 model out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this accessible to the amateur mechanic? MB wants $600 to replace it, but it costs $170 for the part.

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts

1 Screw
2 Intake manifold
3 Electrical connector
B28 Intake manifold pressure sensor

ALLDATA says the engine needs to be lowered for access.....

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been trying tolocate this map sensor. I cant find it still. It isnt any where. So the engine has to be lowered. I wonder if I can get access to it removing the front seats

·
Registered
17 Posts
fyi this map sensor can be replaced without removing the engine. You will need to use jack stands for both rear wheels, then get under the car, use a t-25 torx screw, unscrew the screw and remove sensor. I found it better to use a small ratchet, add a 1/4 socket and then a t-25 torx bit, use the wrench from the ac compressor side and use your right hand to hold the wrench in place. Good luck!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow oh well. I have to get my pcv valve done and as that already involves removing the intake manifold the dealer should I'm guessing be able to get to that as well?

·
Registered
347 Posts
When I was at a parts store recently, Advanced Auto, I asked the price of a new pcv for my Smart. The guy looked it up online at his computer and stated that his book showed that this part was not required to be replaced. Not saying he was correct as I truly don't know, but he did show me and his book did indeed state that for the 2010 Passion Smart Car. In fact he said, this was for the lifetime of the vehicle. As difficult as they appear to be to get to and remove, I am certainly hoping he was correct by what his on-line manual said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts