Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven Max for a few days and he is running great. With all new valves and guides and seals there are no leaks and his engine is bright and shiny. My biggest worry was getting all the air out of the cooling system. I didn't want a bubble trapped in the head. I left the hose off the nipple at the back of the head and I folded a paper towel and laid it under the nipple. I filled the reservoir slowly a little bit at a time and kept checking the paper towel. The system took just over 4 quarts (4.5 qts is capacity).When the paper towel was wet from the nipple side I connected the hose and topped off the reservoir. I drove it a few miles and when it cooled I rechecked it and added about a cup. The a/c is cold, the stereo is hidden under the dash and loud, I got the switch replaced on the heated seats,brake drums repainted,front calipers repainted,I pinstriped the wheels and gave him a good cleaning. A full tank of gas and he's ready for the road again. I hadn't drivem him since last thanksgiving, so I had to get used to him again. The quick handling,feathering the accelerator for shifts and remembering to keep the rev's up higher like everyone on the forum told me. When I drive one of our other Kia's nobody notices me and I blend right in. When I drive Max I get alot of thumbs up. Thank you to everybody that gave me advice and support during this long drawn out project. SCOA op's are the greatest.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,760 Posts
DCO, you ROCK! Mechanically you have gone places with Max that most fear to go.

We look forward to you sharing your next exploits without those pesky "physical" challenges . . .

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RustedWrench I owe you a debt of gratitude for ALL your help and support. Your knowledge is 2nd to none and you are willing to share it here on the forum. I could not have done this without your help and guidance. Thank you so much ! DCO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts