Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on 4 orphan lists.
I call them to let them know I am still interested in "ANY COLOR & CONFIGURATION OF A PASSION COUPE"
Sometimes I leave a voice mail message, sometimes I actually speak to the salesperson, who says they will call me back with addtl info cause they are having a meeting about orphans, or because they have to check with the Brand Manager or whatever...

Yet no one calls me back. No offers for an available Passion Coupe.

WTF? :confused:

/rant

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is this not obvious?

The obvious answer is that there are people in front of you on the orphan lists.

When one is available, they'll call you.

I am on 4 orphan lists.
I call them to let them know I am still interested in "ANY COLOR & CONFIGURATION OF A PASSION COUPE"
Sometimes I leave a voice mail message, sometimes I actually speak to the salesperson, who says they will call me back with addtl info cause they are having a meeting about orphans, or because they have to check with the Brand Manager or whatever...

/rant

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Sadly being on an orphan list does not guarantee getting an orphan. I asked back in Jan {before they had a list} to be on the orphan list at my local dealership. At least I've configured now and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't know how long that darn tunnel may be yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
About 3 months

Sadly being on an orphan list does not guarantee getting an orphan. I asked back in Jan {before they had a list} to be on the orphan list at my local dealership. At least I've configured now and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't know how long that darn tunnel may be yet.
if it helps with the guess work, I configured in mid Nov. and just got called on Feb 24th that my car has been shipped and should be here in 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
if it helps with the guess work, I configured in mid Nov. and just got called on Feb 24th that my car has been shipped and should be here in 3-4 weeks.
I'm glad to hear that. Just hope the 3 - 4 month window stays true. Guess I'll find out!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I am on 4 orphan lists.

/rant
I drove to the dealer every single day to check with my salesperson Nick when I was orphan hunting (and to stare longingly at the cars). He was very patient and helpful. He took me on a couple of long test drives when things were slow and kept me in the loop about which cars might be available. I don't know if that helped my case or not, by driving there everyday, but I got an orphan awfully fast, and I sure am grateful. I think if a car shakes loose suddenly and you are standing right there your chances might be higher. Good luck!

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Orphan hunting is no easy work but keep your head up and you never know when it will happen to you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts