Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
Take away - the "smart control" app, now with two programmable departure times seems more robust . . .

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,762 Posts
It looks nice. Black and green Cabrio.
"With eye-catching design details in electric green the special model smart electric drive greenflash is an exciting highlight for the market launch.

This special smart electric drive will be available as a coupé and a cabrio in Germany."

This apparently is a "tailor made exterior style package" complete with BRABUS touches that as best I can find, WILL NOT be available for the U.S.? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
If you assume that the price in Euros may imply the price in US dollars, then there will be a significant price drop. The prices in the chart for the base ED equate to about $23,000, which includes Europe's 19% VAT.

I wonder if an all-electric ForFour might increase its chances of arriving here? Nahhhhh, hahaha.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Be curious to hear what they say about the BAP (or lack thereof) for the 2017. MBA DA stated in another thread:
"That being said, apparently the all new MY17 ED 453 will not offer the BAP but rather a (heard on the street?) 8 yr/62,000 mi warranty"
If true, MB may be interested in discontinuing the BAP altogether for prior ED models, and just replacing with a warranty, perhaps for some reasonable fee.

·
Registered
254 Posts
While they could "offer" an alternative, MBFS has a 10 year contract with current BAP customers.
Well, think about it, it may work out to be a no-brainer for all involved. If they discontinue BAP for future ED owners, then the current BAP becomes a hassle for MB. With only a few thousand ED owners enrolled in the US, and the many ED getting sold with transfer issues, it may be too costly a logistical issue for MB to maintain. It would seem to me to be cheaper for MB to simply replace the BAP with a warranty (out to the same end date) and entice those in BAP to either pay something like $3000 to buy the battery and switch to the warranty or pay $50 a month to switch to the warranty. MB loses a bit of income but gets out of the quagmire that BAP transfers have opened up, while everyone in BAP would obviously jump at the chance to have the same battery coverage but at a greatly reduced price. Everyone wins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts