Smart Car of America Forum banner

241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Kudo's to Mick for putting together this rally... The wife and I saw parts of St. Louis hadn't seen before... The go-kart racing was a hoot... Maybe next time Jetfuel will keep up with this Midwestern hillbilly ???
We had a Blast...Sorry I didn't give out rides in Frankensmart, didn't want to push my luck on 93 pump gas... Didn't bring enough 109 fuel to run the distance...

·
Banned
845 Posts
Kudo's to Mick for putting together this rally... The wife and I saw parts of St. Louis hadn't seen before... The go-kart racing was a hoot... Maybe next time Jetfuel will keep up with this Midwestern hillbilly ???
We had a Blast...Sorry I didn't give out rides in Frankensmart, didn't want to push my luck on 93 pump gas... Didn't bring enough 109 fuel to run the distance...
that's what you get with a toyota! i've been running my smart on 87 for the last 7 years! >:D

congrats on "best in show"! :D

·
Banned
845 Posts
i had a camera mount in my car, it was buried... the country rally was the wildest ride, a real roller coaster! too bad i didn't get it on video :( i have an unlimited account with youtube and could have posted the entire rally :bangwall:

·
Banned
845 Posts
We're spending Sunday exploring downtown. Went to Laclede's Landing and went inside the Gateway Arch. We will be departing for home in a few hours.

My favorite rally yet!!! Thanks again KillerBee!! :x

BTW - Thank you all so much for being lovely about my Transition into womanhood. Also, never be afraid to ask me anything! <3

Neon, i've known you since about day one, you're the only one i shared my blue batteries with >:D best wishes on your future 0:)

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
Looks like you all had a great time! sadly I couldn't make it Just wasn't in the cards as I am still not traveling well.

Any word about a National Rally for next year?? I believe there may be a Midwest Rally in the works for Black Hills next year...

could have some great road trips.... Never thought about a smart vs a buffalo...

·
Registered
45 Posts
womanhood

We're spending Sunday exploring downtown. Went to Laclede's Landing and went inside the Gateway Arch. We will be departing for home in a few hours.

My favorite rally yet!!! Thanks again KillerBee!! :x

BTW - Thank you all so much for being lovely about my Transition into womanhood. Also, never be afraid to ask me anything! <3

The bumper spikes are awesome!
Go girl! Just glad you didn't wait until you were 65 to do this! :)

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Award Winners for "Meet Me in St. Louis" (not necessarily in order of finish)

Rallye St. Louie Country Edition:

SMRTGUY Joel and Patti Hovdenes

BittersweetGSP Maria and Norman Bein

Rallye St. Louie City Edition:

Twister2699 John and Jill Sullivan

Jetfuel Jetfuel and (the ever patient) Mary Villamil

Go Carting:

DZ Cavalier David Zimmer

Charles Bush Charles Bush (Chuckboxx)

Car Show:

450:

FlossyTheSmart Max Joyce

451 Coupe Stock:

Berthslick Kenny and Donna Kemper

momsmg73 Melvin and Eileen Hunsucker

451 Cabrio Stock:

ColoradoKiwi Russ and Tia Glissman

Smartie Mouse (cgreatscott) Walter and Catherine Scott

451 Coupe Modified:

Brian K Smith Brian and Mike Smith

Whoadale Dale Redmond and Gay Snider

451 Cabrio Modified:

amosd70 Andrew Morris

dgruis Dawn and Dale Gruis

Best Exterior Modifications:

Chumly Chumly and Cindi Kueker

Jim Heidorn Jim Heidorn

Best Interior Modifications:

mer071898 Scott and Patty Merritt

SrSwatch Andy Herrold

Best Performance Modifications:

BarneyO Paul and Pege Barnes

The Ecks Fred and Robin Eck

Long Distance Award:

FlossyTheSmart Max Joyce

Most Miles on Odometer:

SOMEONE HELP ME HERE......I DIDN'T WRITE IT DOWN......AND MY MEMORY IS AS SHORT AS MY LEGS!

·
17,363 Posts
Neon, i've known you since about day one, you're the only one i shared my blue batteries with >:D best wishes on your future 0:)
SCoA is the online community that redefined my expectations of both online communities and just how lovely people can be.

Go girl! Just glad you didn't wait until you were 65 to do this! :)
My secret had been ripping me apart for several years. After a while you just put on a smile and try to ignore your inner battles. I do not know how someone can do it for 65 years...

Hard to believe I started all of this 8 months ago. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me (and my girlfriend since we both have this in common).

I've never had more fun at a rally than I did last weekend. Thanks all! :x

·
17,363 Posts
During the Saturday car show, a group of teens in a black car rolled by and called us a word I don't feel comfortable saying here.

But other than that, we were turning heads everywhere we went. So many phone cameras :D

·
Banned
845 Posts
Wow, that must've been some get-together. :hat:
Did anyone hear any amusing and/or smart-azz comments from onlookers?
i get waves and honks all the time, people take pics of my car almost everyday (that i notice in the rear view mirror) then again i have about 20 decals on my smart (4 National Rifle Association, that might silence derogatory remarks >:D)

·
Registered
220 Posts
i get waves and honks all the time, people take pics of my car almost everyday (that i notice in the rear view mirror) then again i have about 20 decals on my smart (4 National Rifle Association, that might silence derogatory remarks >:D)
They've been available here since 2002, I think, so although there aren't too many around, people are perhaps more used to them than over there, but I'm sure a whole colony of the little blighters would attract enough attention! Yours is probably, with decals and all, easily recognised as modified, also attracting attention.

I get a lot of fingers pointed at mine, especially by small kids who see the horn on the front. And with those low-slung headlights it does actually look a little bit like a rhino! If you use your imagination...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have not been on here since the trip. Thanks again Killerbee and the Queenbee for making this happen. Had a really great weekend and my sunburn is starting to relax a little :) Last time I saw Flossy he was the color of the Drag Files here to attach banner at the bottom of this page :( Glad Flossy was able to get his car fixed and make the long treck down here for the weekend.

241 - 260 of 260 Posts