Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,758 Posts
"About 300 of the rear-drive 2-seater vehicles have been manufactured since 2009."

Over 7 years, 300 more than Elio - hardly taking the world by storm?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I would not want to be on an Interstate with one of these little guys. However around town and some gated communities would like something like this perhaps. How much storage is there I wonder?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like the design a lot. It's a vehicle that doesn't take itself too seriously. The basic battery is good for about 50 miles; the larger one for 100. When you subtract federal and state incentives from the retail price. it's quite a bargain.

Wonder if Pep Boys will be servicing it?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At $12,350 - $14,350 less a reduced Federal credit of perhaps $2,500 not sure about that bargain?

You didn't mention any state incentives, or qualify the "perhaps $2,500" figure... but strictly using your example would bring the price of a new EV to $9,850 - $11,850 for the 100-mile range version.

There's no other enclosed 2-seater EV sold in the US that comes even remotely close to those prices. What would be a bargain in your terms?

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
State incentives are either non-existant or have proven vulnerable - YMMV.

The great state of California has brief lapses in its $2500 program each time it comes up for renewal, but everyone gets reimburse retroactively.

Life itself is vulnerable!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts