Vendor
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
February 5th 2011

You know the name and having fun is the game

SMART MADNESS
2716 Dawson Ave
Signal Hill, CA 90755

We buy and you fly but you have to fly to our house for coffee and donuts. We'll socialize in the morning, go for a run and we'll try to end at a place for lunch

More to come but we're hoping you'll be there. As well... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

PS: due to demand, it has been requested for us to hold this event on a Saturday for those that normally have Sunday commitments. Hope all are able to attend! More information and to RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/socalsmarties/...=list&offset=0

Come join the MADNESS!

·
Registered
70 Posts
UPDATE TO BELOW:

You know the name and having fun is the game :)

SMART MADNESS
2716 Dawson Ave
Signal Hill, CA 90755

We buy the donuts and coffee but you have to fly to our house to enjoy. We'll socialize in the morning, go for a run and we'll end our meetup with lunch!

Where's Lunch?
Fuddrucker's
5229 Clark Avenue
Lakewood, CA 90712

We have designated parking and reserved seating. If you're not familiar with Fuddrucker's, they have amazing burgers along with alternatives for those that may be vegetarian.
Menu is here: http://www.fuddrucker...

Please remember to RSVP via www.meetup/socalsmarties for the event. It makes planning a lot easier for us.

We are excited to see everyone and see you on the 5th!
TEAM MADNESS

February 5th 2011

You know the name and having fun is the game

SMART MADNESS
2716 Dawson Ave
Signal Hill, CA 90755

We buy and you fly but you have to fly to our house for coffee and donuts. We'll socialize in the morning, go for a run and we'll try to end at a place for lunch

More to come but we're hoping you'll be there. As well... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

PS: due to demand, it has been requested for us to hold this event on a Saturday for those that normally have Sunday commitments. Hope all are able to attend! More information and to RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/socalsmarties/...=list&offset=0

Come join the MADNESS!

·
Registered
70 Posts
From One Bay Area Kid to Another. Come on Down :)

It's a bit of a drive but I know people have taken the drive to come to our events, so I want to make sure you're aware...

You know the name and having fun is the game :)

930am, Sat, 02/05
SMART MADNESS
2716 Dawson Ave
Signal Hill, CA 90755

We buy the donuts and coffee but you have to fly to our house to enjoy. We'll socialize in the morning, go for a run and we'll end our meetup with lunch!

Where's Lunch?
Fuddrucker's
5229 Clark Avenue
Lakewood, CA 90712

We have designated parking and reserved seating. If you're not familiar with Fuddrucker's, they have amazing burgers along with alternatives for those that may be vegetarian.
Menu is here: http://www.fuddrucker...

You must RSVP via www.meetup/socalsmarties for the event. It makes planning a lot easier for us.

We are excited to see everyone and hope to see you on the 5th!
TEAM MADNESS

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Aggregated

All posts re this event have been merged into one thread in the newly created Vendor's events sub-forum, as per the TOS* and after consulting the site's Administrator.
Thank you.

* «Please create only one single post for your topic. Do not post to multiple forums creating multiple threads or links to posts in other sub-forums without the permission of the forum administrator; these multiple posts are subject to moderation.»

·
Vendor
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All posts re this event have been merged into one thread in the Dealership sub-forum, as per the TOS and after consulting the site's Administrator.
Thank you.
JPaul,

Why would you do this?

First, we are not a smart car dealership and are putting on this gathering as a fun get together. Nothing else.

Second, this is a free event that we regularly put on for the smart car community. We sponsor the local smart car club "SoCal smarties" and are active members. This is simply a coffee and donuts get together followed by a fun little rally and a lunch get together.

Third, this notice was posted under the local Southern California Groups. Since there are several of them on this board we made sure we created a separate post in each of the groups section to make sure all the locals know. In the past some local owners stated they did not know about our event since they only look at happenings in their specific area.

Lastly, we have no business being in the dealership area of the forum. We do not sell cars! This is a get together in So California and by removing all the threads from the California Clubs you are causing harm to the community by not letting them be aware of an event in their area. The section we posted in is for smart car clubs. We are members of the club and are communicating with fellow club members like we have over the last several years.

The local clubs do not visit the dealer area for information on what is happening locally.

How is this edit helpful to the community?

I kindly ask that you reconsider and put the original posts back up where they belong so that the local owners know the info that was intended for them.

Respectfully,
Boris

·
Registered
396 Posts
JPaul,

Why would you do this?

First, we are not a smart car dealership and are putting on this gathering as a fun get together. Nothing else.

Second, this is a free event that we regularly put on for the smart car community. We sponsor the local smart car club "SoCal smarties" and are active members. This is simply a coffee and donuts get together followed by a fun little rally and a lunch get together.

Third, this notice was posted under the local Southern California Groups. Since there are several of them on this board we made sure we created a separate post in each of the groups section to make sure all the locals know. In the past some local owners stated they did not know about our event since they only look at happenings in their specific area.

Lastly, we have no business being in the dealership area of the forum. We do not sell cars! This is a get together in So California and by removing all the threads from the California Clubs you are causing harm to the community by not letting them be aware of an event in their area. The section we posted in is for smart car clubs. We are members of the club and are communicating with fellow club members like we have over the last several years.

The local clubs do not visit the dealer area for information on what is happening locally.

How is this edit helpful to the community?

I kindly ask that you reconsider and put the original posts back up where they belong so that the local owners know the info that was intended for them.

Respectfully,
Boris
I, too, was confused by the move.

Since the "Madness" community (associates and patrons) is actively involved in So Cal Smarties, I would naturally go to that section to seek out comments on events that I find out about through email from So Cal Smarties.

·
Vendor
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I, too, was confused by the move.

Since the "Madness" community (associates and patrons) is actively involved in So Cal Smarties, I would naturally go to that section to seek out comments on events that I find out about through email from So Cal Smarties.
Thank you!

It still makes no sense to us. This move does more harm than good, but it's not my call. I made several requests, but as you can see it made little difference. :-(

...on another topic...

We will have a film crew with an Oscar Winning Director at the meet up filming a special project that will focus on smart cars and the owners. So, if you are in SoCal, have a smart car come on down (please RSVP first).

It'll be fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts