Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
San Diego Meet-Up Poll Final Results

Thanks to all who took the poll for the upcoming San Diego trip! I have copied the results from Survey Monkey below.

In the next week or so I will put together a run map with estimated run times. Remember this trip can not take place without some help from members that are familiar with the San Diego area to help lead the run up to Julian. The road twists with hairpin turns at some points and are single lane so we need to break groups up into cars of 10 or less. Please contact me if you would like to volunteer. Hope to post this as a Idea and/or Upcoming in the next week or so.

I will also post some links to Julian so you can surf around and plan on things you would like to see and visit. For those who might want to spend the night there are a few B&B's in and near the town. This is still in the planning stage and I am new at putting together a run so be kind.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
968 Posts
Rick,
Getting to Julian is not that hard. Simple directions can be given. Anyone can take hwy 78 east from I-15 and you will arrive in Julian. Take hwy 79 south out of Julian and you end up on I-8. Yes there are two 15 mph hairpin turns on 79. But the roads are okay if you take it easy. 78 is a very fun drive and takes you right by Dudley's Bakery on the way to Julian.
Looking forward to a drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is a very easy run and Dudley's is right along the route but I have found some people can pass by the bakery without seeing it. If we meet first in San Diego, we will take the I-8 to the 67 up through El Cajon, Santee, Lakeside, Ramona then hit the 78. I am also thinking of contacting The Lodge to see if we can use them as a meeting place. This turn off is very easy to miss too. Maybe you can lead those who are not familiar with the turn off.

Looking forward to your help... thanks
Rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
San Diego meet up, still on?

Are you still having the meet up and cruise to Julian on the 21st.? We are new to the area and would like to attend and meet other Smart people.
09, passion cabriolet

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just received an email from the dealer. It reads:

"Let's meet up at the Sonic Drive-In in Santee! We can have dinner or enjoy one of the delicious shakes, limeades or cooling flavored ice teas and talk about our Fabulous cars under the summer stars.
So put on your saddle shoes and meet us there. Be there or Be square!!

Sonic Drive-In
10515 Mission Gorge Road (at Magnolia)
Santee

RSVP to: [email protected]"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you still having the meet up and cruise to Julian on the 21st.? We are new to the area and would like to attend and meet other Smart people.
09, passion cabriolet
Yes the run is still on!
Please check out the post "San Diego Mountain Drive (Julian)" for more information.

Welcome to San Diego! I hope you have a great time living here. We have been here for over 30 years, welcome again - Rick and Nancy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts