Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I was looking at how to spruce up the Harlem Edition Engine area with a little elecrtical tape and a determined to be useless breather cap , memories of youthful days when it was an Engine Bay and Chrome dress up kits with yellow spark plug wires, and air cleaner decals.
I bought my first Oil breather cap for my 1977 Chevy Nova just because it was chrome and shinny. lol a nice smilling memory. So the Harlem Engine Area lol, needs some attention. Of course the best ideas come from others lol, So lets see them.

MEMBERS,,,,,,,,,,,,, SHOW,,,,,,,, YOUR,,,,,,,,,,,, ENGINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the Harlem Edition Engine Area.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As I was looking at how to spruce up the Harlem Edition Engine area with a little elecrtical tape and a determined to be useless breather cap , memories of youthful days when it was an Engine Bay and Chrome dress up kits with yellow spark plug wires, and aire cleaned decals.
I bought my first Oil breather cap for my 1977 Chevy Nova just because it was chrome and shinny. lol a nice smilling memory. So the Harlem Engine Area lol, needs some attention. Of course the best ideas come from others lol, So lets see them.

MEMBERS,,,,,,,,,,,,, SHOW,,,,,,,, YOUR,,,,,,,,,,,, ENGINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the Harlem Edition Engine Area.
View attachment 67171

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I keep looking at my Smart engine area. I will be adding a splash of yellow on a few wires if there is ever a need to remove the valve cover it would be polished along with the alternator and the transmission gears module the faux breather cap is sitting on. But I also see the engine cover being turned into a beauty cover in the way modern engines have a pretty plastic cover just sitting on top of the actual engine. I then go to thoughts of a functional exhaust hood. Hmmmmm very thin whisper quiet fan. I remember seeing MR2's with some sort of exhaust fan on the rear deck. Of course the Smart would have to port the exhaust heat out of the existing rear vents. The Big Red Forge does get hotter than I thing it has to.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,822 Posts
Now re imagine the same level of detail and pride in your Smart engine area ... Where s the love man..... where's the love.... Lol
I keep it very clean and tidy, but see no reason to stick red tape on everything in site.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,822 Posts
Way before MR2's, Fiat X/19 race cars had the snorkle on the engine cover right behind the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I keep it very clean and tidy, but see no reason to stick red tape on everything in site.
Of course there has never been a reason to detail an engine bay and close the hood. Lol. Other than personal preference and perhaps show room presence to display higher end signature models. Why would you display your engine first place .... Normally...but on the show and shine, cars and coffee circuit.... hoods open, engine bays gleaming, proud owners beaming, spectators leaning.

·
Super Moderator
17,721 Posts
I tend to leave my engine bays alone, so there's not much to look at. I don't even have a picture of my 450 and 453 engine bays. lol

Following the spirit of the question, here are my weirdest engine bays!

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI

1991 Honda Beat

ENHANCE!

1989 Suzuki Every

The little buzzy thing is under the seats!

Reactions: jmartinsmart

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Turbo charger, on a Honda lawn mower. 0-60 mph 3 seconds self propelled. Crab grass doesn’t have a chance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts