Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engadget seems to have beat everyone to the punch with the first driving impressions of the Tesla engined B class which will start selling in the US this summer. Seems like a great alternative to the BMW i3 I drove which was just too weird in packaging and design, the dashboard with a floating touch screen and seventeen interior materials was trying too hard.

Mercedes' first electric vehicle for the US has a Tesla heart and plenty of muscle

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
Mercedes-Benz ED for Soccer Moms?

Wonder how that 100* mile range holds up with 5 adults and soccer equipment on board this ED?

Once again, a staggered roll out . . . :yawn:
"The all-new B-Class Electric Drive will be available starting summer 2014 at authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers in select states — CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, RI and VT — and then nationwide in early 2015."
Currently our local smart Center (the NO smart ED ZONE) is embracing the Mercedes-Benz B-Class ED but not the smart ED because of the different charging equipment requirements?

2014 B-Class Electric Drive Car - Zero Emissions | Mercedes-Benz

·
Registered
115 Posts
Once again, a staggered roll out . . . :yawn:
If you really want one, just buy it from out of state and have it shipped. No big deal, MB will sell it or lease it to you like I did with my Smart ED. It will just be a little problematic if you need it serviced and they didn't do the 50 state rollout yet.

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
If you really want one, just buy it from out of state and have it shipped.
Just stating the obvious as some might be expecting the M-B mother ship to do a 50 state launch? Thanks, not my first EV Rodeo . . .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do not want. Looks like a mini van... who wants to drive a mini van? :huh:

i3 over this no question but still wouldn't even get it regardless. Volt is still the best overall option if you cant afford a Model S.

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
To each his own; the A-Class hatchback is a great step up from a smart IMHO - of course, we don't get that version in the US. The B-Class is a nice jump up from the A-Class, but the version we gets runs out of steam (er, volts...) after 100 miles so isn't really practical for "seeing the USA.":)

·
Registered
115 Posts
i3 over this no question but still wouldn't even get it regardless. Volt is still the best overall option if you cant afford a Model S.
I like the i3 exterior, but the B-Class interior. The eco materials in the i3 are not appealing to look at or touch. But for the price, it's not bad. A similar $40k 3 series or C-class is still plastic all over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts