Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Great vid!.... i wondered how they packed 10 lbs in a 5 pound bag! careful alignment using jigs, precision robotics, special fixtures, packaged assemblies..like the body panels grouped together..then seeing the SMART label being applied, inspection ect.. I cant wait to go there and visit myself... hopefully the wife and I can do it this summer.. :>)
unlike a lot of factories...
its QUIET!

thanks! steveg.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great vid!.... i wondered how they packed 10 lbs in a 5 pound bag! careful alignment using jigs, precision robotics, special fixtures, packaged assemblies..like the body panels grouped together..then seeing the SMART label being applied, inspection ect.. I cant wait to go there and visit myself... hopefully the wife and I can do it this summer.. :>)
unlike a lot of factories...
its QUIET!

thanks! steveg.
When you do visit, be sure to take and share photos and videos of the place. It would be neat to see them.
:nerd:

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Sorry, pictures and video are strictly prohibited inside :(

That's pretty typical for any assembly or manufacturing plant. They don't want their trade secrets getting out. We have a strict "no picture without permission" policy where I work. You need to protect your interests.

smart does a lot of things different than your "typical" assembly line. They understandably want to protect that...

How about the outside?
The outside shouldn't be any issue. Shoot, you can look at the outside of smartville from Google earth...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts