Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd let you know about the upcoming MBCA-Houston Autocross. It'll start at 12:30pm on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at Lone Star College in Kingwood. We are holding it in their large parking lot on Sorters Rd. If you've been to an Autocross before, you know how fun these events are. If not, come out and see what you've been missing out on. While it's put on by the Mercedes-Benz Club, we have all sorts of marques participating. I'll keep you posted as things develop. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Won't showing up at a Mercedes event in a smart and trying to play the "Mercedes Card" just set you up for a whupping ?? :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could we,
Would we
On a whim?

Let's go, then
And show them
We are not "Dim" !

To show en mass
Our cars so wee,
A cute parade
Would surely be!

Grasshopper '09

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just a friendly bump to let you know that the autocross is still on. We are going to have BBQ at the autocross and I'll post more info on that as it becomes available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here's all the good info. The cost to drive in the autocross is normally $15 for non members, but we're going to let you guys drive for $10 since you guys are part of our family. :) There will be free BBQ there too. RSVP by the 6th to the guy in charge of the autocross, Mike Haney by e-mailing him at mhaney at 3dtriad dot com to ensure we have enough food. If the 6th passes and you haven't RSVP'd yet, go ahead and shoot him a message anyway.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
But Grasshopper and Mudpie, I thought we had the SRO thing on the 15th from 3-5... conflict conflict conflict.... now what do we do?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Autocross

Dora, you are correct. I forgot about SRO. On the other hand, SRO is there every weekend. It would sort of be cool to go to the autocross. It is nice that they are including us in their "family" :wink:

Grasshopper

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is nice that they are including us in their "family" :wink:

Grasshopper
Group hug!:D

On a semi-related note, Mercedes-Benz Greenway had a Smart parked between two MBs in the showroom. Other dealers usually park the Smarts away from the MBs, I guess Greenway wanted the whole family together.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So smarties, what about we make ourselves known over there at the Merc get together for a while, chow on their barbeque, stay if we can't bring ourselves to leave, or, go over to SRO for a second get together after say 3-4:00. Mercedes invited too, why not!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry you guys missed out on the autocross, it was the best one we've had to date! We went on for 2-3 hours longer than usual and had the largest number of participating cars we've had in a while. One Smart owner showed up, but he was not a member of your forum. There's always next time.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
H-town - I am sorry that I couldn't make it, but, I didn't find the thread in time for me to change up some plans. I would love to be able to bring the whole CenTex club the next time you all have a get together, it sounds like an amazing time. Glad you guys had fun though and a sincere thank you for sending the invite!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts