Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It plans to meet its EV target 3 years early.

When Mercedes-Benz parent Daimler unveiled plans to have at least six electric cars on the market within a decade, it was clearly being conservative. The automaker has announced that it's accelerating those plans, with over 10 EVs on the road by 2022 -- 3 years ahead of the target it set half a year ago. Daimler will pour €10 billion (about $10.8 billion) into the initiative to make it a reality. The company wants to shape the car industry "from the forefront," according to the firm's Manfred Bischoff, and that means an aggressive strategy.
:)

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/29/mercedes-steps-up-electric-car-production-plans/

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
They're worried about a dieselgate scandal, so they had better get on with it and quickly! I guess the early release will involve customers being beta-testers :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
They're worried about a dieselgate scandal, so they had better get on with it and quickly! I guess the early release will involve customers being beta-testers :wink:
I'm beginning to suspect some of these cheats haven't only been applicable to diesel engines. Wouldn't surprise me at all if there are a few good old fashioned regular gasoline models as well, dating back a long period of time.

Time will tell...

·
Banned
214 Posts
All I hope for 2018

The only thing I would hope for is not to change the body style too much more.

It will just be another fat, wide, long and painful to look at look alike.

Another bot they put through through the wind tunnel and supercomputer then sent the engineers home for the year.

The 2016 still looks different but I would have preferred sticking to the old body style, let the engineers work on a supercomputer for the Smart to keep it, wind resistant, roll proof, I dislike those,, endo's, same, accident resistant, and more suited for kicks than comfort. I wonder at the added width this year of four inches, so I've heard, how the older models drive, corner, wind and roll resistant.

The "kick" in sport mode is a blast, I never tire of it.

Just me, I'm afraid they are going to get out of control and make it into a 1973 Chrysler. No offense to anyone, I think I had one, a piece of junk, red, like it but it served it's purpose.
-----
On a different subject, the first scratch syndrome. As my new car thing isn't going away, I want to protect it from a hit and run front end smash, etc.

Give me some hints. As soon as I started parking farther and farther away I realized that is only a bit of the problem. A guy named Dirk Roose, (sp) McIntosh Labs, in Binghamton, NY, when he was head engineer, all people walk to the left, when they come in a store.

Hmmm, that's kind of a one fits all theory, I sort of dismissed.
-----
I cringe when I think of mandatory dinners all salesman were required to go to. I had better things to do with my time, doubt it, so I enjoyed asking them esoteric really dumb questions. A million stories until I was banned from dinner for the rest of my life, plus one day.

However, one thing, Gordon Gow, CEO, owner, later on, all the three letter initials, used to tip the waitress 500$. I though he was great for doing that. He was owner and the only stock owned was him and David Lebous, the younger. So, it was his money. I don't know what the norm is now but that was early seventies. He was a nice guy, so was Roose, I was still a rebel, well, still am.

I remember the "Goodbye Look," I received. (Steely Dan). Gordon stood up, so did I, I was six feet, I never knew how tall he was, it never mattered.

He said, I doubt if I was worthy of first, last or nickname but he said to me, "You know what I love to do the best, I sort of shrugged, he said, looking at tall guys, like you and taking every single dollar bill out of their pocket and bank accounts." End game, no more filet mignon.
-----
One thing I did notice a few nights ago, is there is a lot more to keeping out of the way than what I have been doing. Absolutely, the kid keyers. I'll just leave that alone. I did find places I parked were good for ingress but bad for egress. So what might be the best most isolated place might have the best chance to be hit.

Sorry about anymore mistakes than usual. I caught at least eight of various type. Apple updated yesterday nine, and with the security problems made it worse. After I hit send I will have no idea, ten mistakes, what it will look like. This I assume is, 12, the future fo the Anniversay iPhone, 13,14 and 15.

If the hackers are waiting they will have a balll.
------
I did find one of the best places to park, so far, is where the empoyees park. The store notes where the worst traffic flow is and puts them there, but it changes, as do the seasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts