Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a nice GTG today on Mercer Island, thanks to the organizers. My wife and I didn't stay for the picnic, as I'm still a bit limited on the crutches.

Here's a few photos. I'm sure there are better ones coming.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
If anyone would like to write an article about the meet today I would really like to post the story on the homepage. Feel free to make the story as long or short as you would like and I'm free to posting as many as we all create.

Thanks,
SMART

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Beverly and I are really sorry we couldn't make it today but thanks for the pictures. Man that yellow stands out. Honorable mention to the pink car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Bob & Alie for a very nice day on Mercer Island!

Your great planning led to a very enjoyable day for us all. I especially wish to thank everyone for their wonderful knowledge & great Smart information ! It is nice to have a support team out there as we grow our group and PASSION !

Sue:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Bob for putting together a fantastic meet. The drive around the island was nice and the weather seemed to actually improve for the picnic.

I enjoyed seeing some faces from the last get together and meeting some new ones as well.

Also - thanks for the cookies! I don't think I can eat dinner tonight as I ate too many.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
We had a nice GTG today on Mercer Island, thanks to the organizers. My wife and I didn't stay for the picnic, as I'm still a bit limited on the crutches.

Great Pictures, Dave, but JeeZ.....couldn't you have at LEAST Photoshoped some HAIR into that big *ss bald spot on the top of my head before you posted!!! :D Terri & I would like to thank EVERYONE for a wonderful time today at the Mercer Island Meet & Greet......ESPECIALLY Bob for putting the whole thing together!! We really enjoyed the opportunity to meet with everyone! Turned out that some of us had even MORE in common than just our smarts.....such as our Great Danes!! :) Enjoyed the picnic! Sorry that you couldn't make it Dave, but we all understand! The drive was really nice, and I learned that I can drive just as well with my rearview mirror off as I can with it on!! That blind spot was killing me on those right-hand curves, and I didn't want to kill someone else, so OFF IT CAME! I put it back on for the drive home, but I've definetly gotta come up with a solution for that problem. Perhaps a small aftermarket mirror if I can find one! Anyway.....really had a wonderful time. I'm SO GLAD that I was able to swing getting off work today so that Terri and I could be there!! Truly a bunch of GREAT PEOPLE that we met today. Can't wait to get together with everyone again in the near future!! Joyce (the town) for the Blackberry Festival is sounding really good. Gonna have to look into lodging in the area! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry I missed it!
Loved the pics, especially the pink and maroon (?burgundy) paint jobs.
Will try to make the next get together.

How 'bout the south sound. Lots of us smarties down here...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like everyone had a great time. I'm jealous that I didn't have my Smart yet to join the fun. According to Loren at Smart Center Seattle, my orphan should have arrived today and I expect to pick it up sometime this week. Hope to be at the next one. Is there an email list, or do people get all info on the forums?

Anxiously awaiting my little guy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like a great time! Sorry we had to miss it. Hopefully, we can have a meet in the south sound in the not too distant future:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great meet.
Great to visit with old friends and meet new ones.
Great pictures.
Great drive around the Island.
Yes Great Danes rule.
Ian you need to look closer, there were four 450's there both leading and covering the rear of the drive to make sure their younger siblings didn't get lost or have any other problems.

Cheers, Dan & Irene

·
Registered
591 Posts
Your great planning led to a very enjoyable day for us all. I especially wish to thank everyone for their wonderful knowledge & great Smart information ! It is nice to have a support team out there as we grow our group and PASSION ! Sue:)
Sue what a stand out you and your smartie are. She is so cute in pink! When I was cruising thru the pixs I saw a pink smart and in a later pix I saw a woman wearing what I thought was a matching sweater. And I thought, "I wonder is that her smart?" and of course it was which made me smile. Glad everyone had a fun time with good weather. Also, I loved seeing your collection of toy smarties. Regina

·
Registered
116 Posts
I count 15 different cars...

There are 5 blue 451's and 2 blue 450's.
Then there are 2 silver 451's.
After that it's one of each: yellow 451, black 451, burgundy 450, pink 450, white 451, and a red 451.

Did I miss any?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you all for joining in the fun

Thank you everybody for joining in on the Smart Meet Mercer Island tour.

You were all a great group and I had a great time.

Please don't forget to let me know your ideas on the next meet so we can make it a great success.

For the next one I will try to get the Smart club from Vancouver to join us .

See you all again soon,

Smartie

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just so you all know..........

how lucky we all were to have our VERY OWN Smart ADMINISTRATOR at our local event !! Thank you Ryan for all of your great information and for sharing your "job description" and thoughts for the future !:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
how lucky we all were to have our VERY OWN Smart ADMINISTRATOR at our local event !! Thank you Ryan for all of your great information and for sharing your "job description" and thoughts for the future !:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Ryan,
WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!! :p And also a BIG, BIG THANK YOU TO BOB for planning the whole thing, getting it (and us) organized, and for the cookies!!
Marty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts