1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doctors: Too early to give prognosis on Michael Schumacher
Chris Estrada
Dec 30, 2013, 5:53 AM EST

During a morning press conference, doctors in Grenoble, France confirmed that seven-time Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher has undergone one operation since being admitted to hospital yesterday after sustaining severe head trauma in a skiing accident.

Schumacher remains in a critical condition as well as in an induced coma while doctors attempt to relieve intra-cranial pressure, and they said it was too early to give a prognosis for him, stressing that his situation is one that can change “hour by hour.” They do not currently foresee having to operate a second time on the Formula One legend.

The doctors also noted that had Schumacher not been wearing a helmet during his accident in the French town of Meribel, he would not have survived.
:(

Doctors: Too early to give prognosis on Michael Schumacher | MotorSportsTalk

More at: http://news.yahoo.com/former-f1-driver-schumacher-critical-condition-223247597--spt.html

·
17,380 Posts
That got bad, quick. Initial reports said he was talking to paramedics and everything.

Just goes to show, even when accidents don't seem that bad, immediate medical attention is always the best insurance. :wink:

·
17,380 Posts
..while reading on this I found this...
Actor - Eddie Murphy Dies In Snowboard Accident

Jetfuel...
Disclaimer at the bottom of that website:

FAKE... THIS STORY IS 100% FAKE! this is an entertainment website, and this is a totally fake article based on zero truth and is a complete work of fiction for entertainment purposes! this story was dynamically generated using a generic 'template' and is not factual. Any reference to specific individuals has been 100% fabricated by web site visitors who have created fake stories by entering a name into a blank 'non-specific' template for the purpose of entertainment. For sub-domain info, name removal requests and additional use restrictions: FakeAWish.com
Copyright © 2012 FakeAWish.com All rights reserved.
I smell a hoax brewing...

·
Super Moderator
28,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still critical after the second operation. And the cops have already stopped one reporter who tried to get to him in the hospital....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's what "they" say, anyway. No way of telling what kind of condition he's in. I suspect it's not good at all and may never be. They are holding all their cards very close to their chest and are not releasing any info at all...

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Let's be specific: he left the original hospital but was transferred to the CHUV, the best hospital near his (and my original) home that will help him with a long neurological recovery.

To say that he left hospital is misleading... :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts