Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone,

It's that time of the year again. I've created a neat event that should be a blast and it's in my neck of the woods.....less chance of us getting lost... I hope!

October 9-11th in the Frankenmuth, Birch Run area just off I-75

Here are the details. As always, the facebook page is the best route for instant information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/269094923270586/

Greetings Smarties!

Our fall adventure will find us looking for the perfect beer, the best shopping deal and inland Seafood!!!

Come visit little Bavaria in the middle on the Mitten! Well, almost the middle.

Participants will be meeting at the Americas Best Value Inn in Birch Run. Located in the heart of the famous Outlet Malls and the famous POUND of bacon Restaurant, "Tony's" You'll find plenty to do.

Americas Best Value Inn Birch Run
9235 E Birch Run Road
Birch Run, MI 48415
(989) 624-4440

Mention that you are with the Smart Car Club and Dean Boivin to obtain your group discount.

Birch Run Premium Outlets

We are only minutes away from downtown Frankenmuth, MI. Also known as Little Bavaria and the famous Bronner's Christmas Shop, Bavarian Inn and Zehnder's Restaurant and more!

Frankenmuth Michigan

One of our stops will be Saturday evening at the annual children's fundraiser, the Crabby Clam & Lobster Festival.

Upcoming Events | Annual Crabby Clam & Lobster Fest ? October 9&10, 2015 | The Johnny Burke Children's Foundation

which will be held at the Riverplace Shops.

?Crabby? Clam & Lobster Fest 2015 | Frankenmuth River Place

Itinerary:

Friday: Arrival of participants. Mingle on your own and hit the shops or the great cinema right around the corner from the hotel. You can have a frozen margarita with your movie!

Saturday: AM... Breakfast at Tony's for that pound of bacon.

Menu - Tony's I-75 Restaurant "Got Bacon?"

I'd like to be on the road by 9:30 am for our mystery tour. I can be a little flexible, but we have a lot of ground to cover. Departure will be from the hotel.

Saturday evening: Frankenmuth tour and the Crabby Clam and Lobster Fest

LATE Saturday after dinner for those brave to race the course, we can visit Extreme Kart Racing at the indoor track. Warning, I haven't been beaten yet!

Go Karting at Extreme Indoor Kart Racing

Sunday: While many are heading home, there is more sightseeing in Frankenmuth, Shopping at the outlets or even a stop at the famous Huckleberry Railroad and Crossroads Village.

Huckleberry Railroad

As always, you can reach me at 989-798-2787 or email me at [email protected]

PS> for those arriving Saturday, just call or text me to find out our location at any moment of the day.

See ya soon.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Great weekend!

Thanks, Dean for all the planning and taking us through some really scenic parts of Michigan en route to some very interesting stops. Always good to catch up with folks from previous gatherings and meet some new people as well.

Just a suggestion: rename this one "Dean's Pound o' Bacon Tour!" :D

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
...thanks so much Dean and the gang for a much needed weekend of fun...beautiful scenery
...cool and amazing places and great food...and yes...I mean bacon...

Jetfuel... let's do it again...

THANKS

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
Another fun weekend of driving and sightseeing, and - . . . eating! :eek:
Jet, if it's any consolation, I never would have caught you if you had your hairdryer.

Pound o' Bacon tour. That's fits! :D

Thanks Dean.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks Dean, Janelle and I had a great time. I do not plan on eating any Bacon any time soon hahahaha. If I am able to settle on my smart when the lease ends in March I will see you next year :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks again Dean for a great tour of Frankenmuth and area. Elaine and I had a great time even with our bacon breakfast. The museum tour and the octagon barn were great.
John and Elaine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts