Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you notice!

I posted under News and Rumors about an article dated today with a sub title New Modifications Announced.Sorry I thougt there might be NEWS there.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Na, they had a posting on front page of this forums with all the news saying that the micro might be available 2010 - 2012 sometime but was not guaranteed for the US. That was just a possibility.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Does Micro Hybrid Drive (MHD) equate to the rest of the auto world's Mild Hybrid Drive (MHD)?

I'm guessing this is part of smart's naming game, where they prefer ED (no not that ED!... Electric Drive) to the rest of auto world's EV (Electric Vehicle).

True?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Does Micro Hybrid Drive (MHD) equate to the rest of the auto world's Mild Hybrid Drive (MHD)?

I'm guessing this is part of smart's naming game, where they prefer ED (no not that ED!... Electric Drive) to the rest of auto world's EV (Electric Vehicle).

True?

Sounds like a pretty good theory! :eek:

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts

The micro hybrid drive technology in the smart fortwo mhd uses a start/stop function that automatically switches the engine off at traffic lights or in a traffic jam, and back on when things get moving again. The mhd switches the engine off as soon as you brake and fall below a speed of 5 mph. When the time comes to set off again, take your foot off the brake pedal and the engine seamlessly restarts, automatically engaged in first gear ready to continue your journey. This reduces both fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. In fact, the smart fortwo mhd's start/stop generator enables a fuel saving of up to 29% in urban settings and 11% for combined urban and extra-urban driving [1], all without compromising on performance or comfort. smart fortwo mhd is available on our 61 bhp and 71 bhp pure, pulse and passion models from October 2008, with mhd turbo petrol engine models to follow in 2009. Combined fuel consumption for 71bhp coupé of 65.7 mpg / 4.3l/100 km[2], combined CO2 emissions of 103g/km[2]; combined fuel consumption for 71bhp cabrio of 64.2 mpg / 4.4 l/100 km[2], combined CO2 emissions of 105g/km[2].
Not available in US and Canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts