Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
OH YES sign me up for one!..
Just what I need another Isetta ( or microcar).. with 15 odd in my collection now whats one more...LOL
though not a big fan of electrics cars in general, I would certainly entertain the notion of another since technology has made major advancements ...
yes thanks for sharing..

Steveg 05 450 S.Mann cabrio

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Isettas were my daily drivers (and only transport mode) for years.

Sign me up! But I'm sure the Microlino will not be destined for the Land of The Litigious.

There was a company in Vietnam converting Isettas to EV power. Not sure if they're still around, but the quality seemed meticulous.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I saw one being torn down when I was traveling from Abilene one day, many years back. I say torn down, as the owner was scrapping it and not trying to restore it at all. He claimed it was not worth the effort for parts and the cost of them at the time.

They look cool and I have always enjoyed Henry J's and even Morris Minors and the P544 Volvos I have owned in the past. However, I am pretty doubtful as to them meeting safety standards here in the US for any consideration at all of any serious future import possibilities. Probably very little market for them here to begin with and likely no real dealership network going for them. Still, they do look like fun and that is half the drive in any automobile. I still have fond remembrances of all of those small cars, including the Metropolitan and MGB. Heck, even my more modern Geo Metro convertible was fun to have owned.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
For other Isettaholics (like me) who’ve been following the Microlino’s developmental progress, here’s some potentially exciting news:

Tomorrow is the car’s official “unveiling”...

“On January 24. we will unveil the first pre-series Microlino. This is not just another prototype: the vehicle that we will show is already very close to series production.”

To watch the event live, go to Microlino’s Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/microlino.car/

Click the “ Like” button to get event updates on your timeline. The start time tomorrow (January 24) is 6 PM Central European Time, or 9 AM Pacific Standard Time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts