Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
scVAB

I am pre-assigned to smart center Virginia Beach, VA. A few minutes ago I received the invitation to configure. I am a 25 JUN reserver (1271). I am on paper a "second-half '08"-er.

It looks like the log-jam at VAB (in the Mid-Atlantic geographic region) is beginning to break up.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
scVAB

I am pre-assigned to smart center Virginia Beach, VA. A few minutes ago I received the invitation to configure. I am a 25 JUN reserver (1271). I am on paper a "second-half '08"-er.

It looks like the log-jam at VAB is beginning to break up.
That is great have heard here that cars are being held up for inspection lets hope yous comes thru ship shape and ready to roll. Look forward to your view of how this car suits you. :D

karl

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Actually, using my spacing and timing, Old Smart is about right on track

My Reservation: 30 April (1215) about 60 days head of the (1271) 25 June
My Config: 15 Dec about 60 days ahead of your config

Not notified yet.... but expect delivery next 4-6 weeks

I bet your scVB experiance ends up being real similar +/-60 days later Old Smart

·
Registered
197 Posts
another Mid-Atlantic Region member :)

scVAB

It looks like the log-jam at VAB (in the Mid-Atlantic geographic region) is beginning to break up.
Best of luck Old smart
I believe that the scVB is due to open in March. Not sure.
Keep us posted.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best of luck Old smart
I believe that the scVB is due to open in March. Not sure.
Keep us posted.
Last I heard they were still talking "end of FEB." I'll probably call Monday and see if anyone is on watch, and if they have been provided a lead list yet. I still think my 25 JUN (1271) is a pretty high number, but who knows, the area may be lightly populated, especially if low-numbered people were diverted to NoVA for delivery.

·
Registered
197 Posts
News from the Mid-Atlantic Region

According to the scVB site they are schedule to open February 29th.

I reserved my smart in March (1173) and confirmed in August and still no smart (scAlexandria).:( Dealership delays.

Maybe a SCOA member living in Virginia Beach could drive by the dealership and take some pics for those getting their smarts from scVB.
Hopefully for you scVB will not encounter the same delays scAlexandria has and open in time. :rolleyes:

I would suggest that you could e-mail the brand manager of scVB for a progress status on the smart center.
Their site is http://www.smartcentervirginiabeach.com/index.php

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may just go over there myself for some face-time; I need to go down to Ft. Monroe anyway to start Spring maintenance on the sailboat. I know that I am assigned to scVAB because if I go through the menu on their website to schedule a test drive or a service appointment I find all my original registration data pre-loaded.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Good luck

Getting to know the dealer is probobly a very good thing for getting your car as early as possible. Good luck
karl

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that it is configured, colors and all, and the dealer is showing signs of life, who has heretofore been an aloof "who must be obeyed" is suddenly in "Y'know, I'll be the one driving it most of the time" mode. !!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
NOTE: This post is PARAPHRASING my telecon with Mr. Gullickson. It may contain minor errors in content but is sufficient in context to be construed as truthful in it's entirety.

I have just spoken with Mr. Gullickson per telecon and was informed that the smart dealership at VA Bch is having a problem with paving the front parking lot due to the recent weather and the opening date has been moved from 29Feb08 to 05Mar08. I asked him about what will be happening on the opening day and he responded that their wouldn't be what I thought would be a 'GRAND OPENING' as such because most if not all cars that he will be receiving are already spoken for by "reservation holders" but I didn't inquire about an orphan list either. He also told me that they would be getting 6 (six) each "NOT FOR SALE " smart cars. Three would be for the showroom and three would be for demo drives. One last few things that we spoke of were that he was aware of the "no holes" front license plate holder that many here on the forum also has talked about, I asked what the process was when the vehicles left the delivery truck until it was delivered to the customer and his reply was 'paraphrasing' when the smart car comes off the truck it will be preped and gone over by a smart qualified / trained mechanic to make sure that the car was in proper condition, and that the vehicle was washed and cleaned for presentation to the customer. Mr. Gullickson also stated that I could call or email him anytime as "people / customers was his FIRST PRIORITY". I plan on exercising that option to the max extent possible prior to delivery of customer smart cars.

For those who wish more information:
1) Main website:
http://www.checkeredflag.com/index.htm
2) Checkered Flag smart website:
http://smartcentervirginiabeach.com/
3) Checkered Flag Blog website: (NOTE) Categories on right hand side column.:
http://blog.checkeredflag.com/
4) Email contact:
Brand Manager: Gary Gullickson
[email protected]

BTW My info for reference is as follows:
smart "Insider", smart reserved 29May07, smart configured 25Jan08