Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's official! :yelclap: I've gotten approval from Jerry Schulte, Managing Partner. He's actually excited about it! AND they have great food!
DETAILS:
When: August 23, Saturday
Meeting at 3:30pm (smart-convoy if you can!)
Seated to eat at 5:00pm
Where: Texas Roadhouse in Bowie, MD :cowboy:
6011 Highbridge Road (Ph #301-860-1728)
Why: Because we can! :cool:

Their parking lot is large so we can have our own area OR park in the HUGE parking lot attached to theirs so we can get some great pictures. 1st smart there gets to decide! Be thinking of "smart formations" we can shoot photos of... Also think of the modifications you've done to your smart so we can share that information with eachother.
***PLEASE post RSVPs so maybe we can give them a heads-up on how many to expect....:eek:

·
closed
471 Posts
Oh we'll be there. :D

I only had her for 6 hours as of right now and have already had a ton of fun!!!!!!! Oh I can't wait for tomorrow!! :yelclap:

2 people
1 awesome SMART!!

:bouncies:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Im in for the meet ya all, and i will be somebodys passenger as far as i know, i need to confirm that folks. Im not telling, and yes i will have my video camera on hand. Say cheese ya all.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
My RSVP has changed

Actaully, im still going to the meet and greet, but im not riding in somebody esles Smart. Im going to be driving to the meet in my blue and sliver Pure coupe:woohoo
I just bought it today at the Tysons Corner Smart Center, and im a really happy camper in who i call "Mr Blue" named after an Al Capone type mob boss in the second season opener of Charlies Angels when Mr Townsend was kidnapped and the Angels including Kris Monroe were sent to Hawaii to do a jailbreak in exchange for Charlie Townsend. The candids are in the "Got My Smart" gallery. I may bring a car buff pal with me along for the ride. Will let you knnow more later

:smartje.bl.zw:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Yes it is an orphan. Wallace Rumbarger sent me an email which i had caught at the right time and place on my PDA stating that the Pure became an orphan a minute ago. It came with Air, and a radio, plus it had Metallic Blue with a Sliver tridon cage. I called Lance in a frenzy wanting comfrimation, and then gave Wallace a call afterwards. The car did not even get tacked on with any extras, i paid the sticker price only and after all the fromalites, i drove off in my Smartie later that day. I have pictures of my car in the "Got My Smart" gallery as well as the Yahoo Smart group. As you can well guess, the boss let me get off work early so i can go and check out "Mr. Blue" I am so so happy with my car. i already racked up 112 miles on him since i got it.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Congratulations, and enjoy! I know you will, you are... Looking forward to see you again, this time with your new Mr. Blue. It (he) looks good!
JPaul

·
Registered
409 Posts
Can a NJ member attend?

Hi! My car is about 350 miles off the coast of Maryland, so I certaily should have it by the 23rd! I live in NJ but work in Fairfax often. Any problem having a NJ member attend?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everyone's Welcome!

Hi! My car is about 350 miles off the coast of Maryland, so I certaily should have it by the 23rd! I live in NJ but work in Fairfax often. Any problem having a NJ member attend?
That would be GREAT if you can attend on the 23rd! The more the merrier!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts