Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it all depends on which side of the Delaware river you are. Western Penn could be part of the Mid-Atlantic.

While east of the river is more part of the the tri-state north east.

Really its all relative.

If you wish to join our region is up to you. If any evens are scheduled they most likely center around the DC area. Personally I don't like to exclude people.

·
Registered
87 Posts
inclusion in Mid-Atlantic Region

I think it all depends on which side of the Delaware river you are. Western Penn could be part of the Mid-Atlantic.

While east of the river is more part of the the tri-state north east.

Really its all relative.

If you wish to join our region is up to you. If any evens are scheduled they most likely center around the DC area. Personally I don't like to exclude people.

Western PA - State College, PA is WEST of the Susquehanna River, AND the Delaware River.**-ALL of Pennsylvania is WEST of the Delaware River. Note: the AAA considers PA in Mid-Atlantic, when it comes to tour Books, etc.****
My location is a 4 hour drive from the DC area.
giffSCPA of State College, PA

·
Registered
38 Posts
Delaware residents buy in PA

I love geography debates!

Personally, I'd like to see the Philly area part of the mid-atlantic region.
Census defines mid-atlantic as PA, NJ and NY.
A better name for us might be the DELMARVA region.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts

Western PA - State College, PA is WEST of the Susquehanna River, AND the Delaware River.**-ALL of Pennsylvania is WEST of the Delaware River. Note: the AAA considers PA in Mid-Atlantic, when it comes to tour Books, etc.****
My location is a 4 hour drive from the DC area.
giffSCPA of State College, PA
I'm not so sure that I feel much in common with Western PA, especially as far as traveling there to do things together. Things are different east or west of the Appalachians. There are two aspects of "Mid-Atlantic" (as we here commonly refer to as DelMarVa): one is Latitude (about 39N to 36N), and the other is Longitude, as in the "Atlantic Seaboard." Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, together, have more miles of shorefront than their continuous inland boundary.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts