Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traditionally - IIRC - the mid-atlantic states are New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. It might include Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and District of Columbus. One could include Connecticut. Wikipedia Mid-Atlantic. Perhaps we could have a Mid-Atlantic Smart Club (M.A.S.C.)? It could be more inclusive that one that is just one state.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
I think more properly the "Mid-Atlantic" is the coastal areas east of the Appalachians (including WDC and the Chesapeake) from the Delaware River to the Cape Fear River and the SC border. Above that, Northeast; below that, Southeast.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,088 Posts
It's very subjective, but I've always thought of DE, MD, VA, DC, WV as mid-Atlantic. PA and above to me has always been the northeast while NC and below were southeast.

But, I'd be interested in group get togethers if they get close to my part of WV. The eastern panhandle of WV (Martinsburg, etc.) is still too far to drive (5+ hours) unless it's a major event.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that it is very subjective. I am trying to get some input. Your replies are appeciated.

·
5,297 Posts
The Mid-Atlantic states, also called middle Atlantic states or simply the mid Atlantic, form a region of the United States generally located between New England and the South. Its exact definition differs upon source, but the region often includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., and sometimes Virginia and West Virginia.

(Per Wikipedia- with the appropriate grain-of-salt)

I hope this helps. Our smartCARolinas group is still strong, even though we are only 2 states we have 92 members as of today; of course not all are in our states. With our group sponsoring the Dragon event our membership went up. Sounds like a great plan.

smart event in the Poconos?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,088 Posts
Perhaps we could tap into their experience and get information on where to stay and when the best time to meet?
May not be that much help... Camp Jeep '05 took over a ski resort area during August. It's a huge event and they needed the space. A lot of Jeepers camped in the area or stayed in local cabins. By the time I registered, I had to stay in Wilkes-Barre about 30 minutes away and drive over for the events.

Camp Jeep® Rolls into the Pocono Mountains, Aug. 12-14

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
... By the time I registered, I had to stay in Wilkes-Barre about 30 minutes away and drive over for the events. ...
Dang, if you are in Wilkes-Barre, be the first smart to do the Giants Despair hillclimb. Just don't tip-over at the "Devil's Elbow," as some have done.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
May not be that much help... Camp Jeep '05 took over a ski resort area during August. It's a huge event and they needed the space. A lot of Jeepers camped in the area or stayed in local cabins. By the time I registered, I had to stay in Wilkes-Barre about 30 minutes away and drive over for the events.

Camp Jeep® Rolls into the Pocono Mountains, Aug. 12-14
I have a feeling a Smart meet and greet there would not have the same problem. :) Perhaps we could get the PA Smarts group to check it out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm all for a Mid-Atlantic group. There are groups in PA and VA, but nothing Maryland specific. (Maryland does = Mid-Atlantic)

·
Registered
38 Posts
maryland group

would be nice, seems like annapolis smart is so-so interested havent seen any meets since birthday party at dealership ( now granted sandy point christmas lights got snowed out) but nothin since,

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would be nice to have a meet and greet in PA that is not too far from NY, NJ, PA, DE or MD.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have started a Yahoo group labeled Mid-Atlantic Smarts. The states included are (but not limited to) Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Approval is required before one joins but one just has to indicate why you want to join. It is free. Once a member of it, one can post events for the Mid-Atlantic area; states listed above (but not limited to them). A mailing list might be a good idea since not every one checks this forum all the time. I am hoping more join this group than the Garden States Smarts group.

·
5,297 Posts
I have started a Yahoo group labeled Mid-Atlantic Smarts.
Please continue to post any planned events in the Chapters and Regions section of SCOA. Personally, I live in Charlotte and travel in that area frequently. If my travels cross one your events, I may be able to join you at one of the events.

Also please support the Nationals and Outsmarting the Dragon event for those that do not use SCOA. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
post in both places

Please continue to post any planned events in the Chapters and Regions section of SCOA. Personally, I live in Charlotte and travel in that area frequently. If my travels cross one your events, I may be able to join you at one of the events.

Also please support the Nationals and Outsmarting the Dragon event for those that do not use SCOA. Thanks.
I will be posting in both places to get the word out to the most people. So few seem to 'visit' this section. :(

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Wouldn't it be a little confusing? A Mid-Atlantic smart Club in the Northeast region? Especially with a Mid-Atlantic region? That would be like the Mid-Atlantic region having a club called the "Nor'easters smartcar club".

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
confusing

Wouldn't it be a little confusing? A Mid-Atlantic smart Club in the Northeast region? Especially with a Mid-Atlantic region? That would be like the Mid-Atlantic region having a club called the "Nor'easters smartcar club".
I guess it would be confusing. I was just trying to have some thing for the New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania area that could include states bordering those three. This forms the mid-atlantic states.
"
Composition
Delaware
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
District of Columbia
Additional States
New York
Virginia
West Virginia"

To some, the northeastern part might considered the New England states; states that were part of the colonies.
"Composition
Connecticut
Maine
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Vermont

"
I will try for another Yahoo Group for the Northeastern Smarts. They are easy to setup and it is free to do so.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts