Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

Just got back from an event where we parked at the Marriott in Shelton, CT and we saw this for parking.

I am not sure what to make of this...are they calling our cars midget cars?

Anyway, what do you think of this? Hope you are all doing well.

Sincerely,
Brett

·
17,440 Posts
Maybe they mean the Daihatsu Midget?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ok I bit although looks like photoshop. Nothwithstanding, smaller statured men tend to drive these, not midgets.

The photo is by smartdustin. Always funny...

·
17,440 Posts
Hey Neon, Do you know if this is available in the U.S.?I think it looks cool!:D
Daihatsu left the USA in 1992, the only way you're gonna get one is to import...

Ok I bit although looks like photoshop. Nothwithstanding, smaller statured men tend to drive these, not midgets.

The photo is by smartdustin. Always funny...
Pixel count, texture, and lighting are all consistent with the rest of the photograph, not photoshop.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neon, I'm pretty sure that the signs in the pictures I took were aimed at smart cars and the like since they are apparently "midget" cars and are one of the smallest cars on American roads. Maybe small and micro class is the new "midget"? Am I jumping to conclusions? Where is Bob Diaz when you need him?!?!

That Daihatsu Midget is sweet. That should have made that collectable car list.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Maybe those spaces were for these ...

Quick story. In 1971 or 72, local news said one of the Apollo crews and their backups (6 men) were in town visiting. And, I spotted three identical MG Midgets zipping around together. Even one wasn't a common sight. Hmmm, could've been. I've always liked to think I had a brush with history anyway.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost looks like the '78 Triumph Spitfire 1500 I rebuilt. That is a cool looking car.

Pack-smart...pictures were not photoshopped...I wouldn't be dishonest to you guys, trust me.

My mother took a picture of me standing next to the sign with her iPhone 3g (the other pictures I took with my 3gs) because I drive a smart car and I really wanted to take that sign down and put it in my garage. Anyhow, here is the last picture of the sign I have:

·
17,440 Posts
Neon, I'm pretty sure that the signs in the pictures I took were aimed at smart cars and the like since they are apparently "midget" cars and are one of the smallest cars on American roads. Maybe small and micro class is the new "midget"? Am I jumping to conclusions? Where is Bob Diaz when you need him?!?!

That Daihatsu Midget is sweet. That should have made that collectable car list.
I know...(since it's America and all) but "Midget car" was perfect to slide in that Daihatsu car...:)

That one is the MkII, look at the MkI...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
nt

Laughing. Good one, however I did make both of you act like Mango (SNL).

As a sidenote, I do know both of you gents have credibilty. My wife and I enjoy your threads to the SCOA forum. We have common ground in liking the smart, so the note.

Enjoy the Dells, and hopefully see you in CO next year.

Later.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
To the original question. Because the parking structure eats into the spaces they just want to make sure anything that parks in the spot will fit within the lines. Thus providing "special" spots for the small cars like the mini or smart. Some of the major parking companies are starting to make this standard practice and charging less for spots not everyone can fit into.

Basicly its not much different than some of these spots I find in the wild

·
17,440 Posts
Aww, that car's all LT N FLFY...

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah!

Nice pictures...They should make a midget car parking sign for those as well...maybe one day those midget signs will be in more places than just the parking garage of the Marriott.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts