Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USA Weekend (a newspaper insert magazine) had an article on the perfect cars for various types of people undergoing a midlife crisis to buy -- http://www.usaweekend.com/07_issues/071104/071104autos.html. The Smart, according to the article, is just right for the over-the-hill hippie. Don't get insulted too fast; the rest of the paragraph about the Smart doesn't have any new information, but it is positive: "The Over-the-Hill Hippie: Smart Car. Get rid of your VW Bug and get ready for the rad Smart micro compact. Talk about conservation: Two of these mini-autos can fit in a parking space usually taken up by one regular car! After years of availability only in Europe, the little car makes its U.S. debut in January and could be a hot follow-up to other anti-gas-guzzlers such as the Prius; it gets 40 mpg. When it arrives, it'll be the smallest car in the country, measuring 106.1 inches from bumper to bumper. Surprisingly enough, even tall and rotund drivers may think it's comfortable. Smart ForTwo $13,590."

I'm at least not offended by thinking of my Smart car as a mid-life crisis car -- what else do you call a red convertible two-seater?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Mid life crisis car

I'm at least not offended by thinking of my Smart car as a mid-life crisis car -- what else do you call a red convertible two-seater?
Either am I for my yellow/black bumblebee. At least its a lot cheaper than a Porsche!

Penske hit me right on the head with the demo's he quoted as the typical smart buyer. Forties, empty nester... oh well at least I still have my hair!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts